What's the point of all those presents?

by penny2 24 Replies latest jw friends

• penny2
    penny2
    Did over 25 cards last year..did 0 cards this year. No one seems to have noticed.

Less people seem to do cards these days.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The solution is to give to whoever you want to give. If you have already agreed to a random drawing to give to whoever's name you draw, half the fun is wondering who drew your name--I have had these secret Santas in college, and I participated.

• crapola
    crapola

I give gifts because I love to give, period. If anyone has a problem with that then tough. But it's also fun to recieve gifts. I had a blast with the Secret Santa and sending cards. It will be a lasting good and fun memory and something I hope to do again next year.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Penny, I think you're stuck with black & white thinking about presents. If you wish to give presents you don't have to give to everyone you know. You can give to who you want to give. In my family we give presents to the children in my family only. Which is cool for my kids since they're the only grandkids nephews and niece my parents and my brother and sisteb have. Folks on the outside usually understand if you don't give them something. Gifts (despite the commericalism) isn't really the reason for the season.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Really, Penny2, I hear ya! There seems to be some people in my circle that I love exchanging gifts with (long time friends who share common interests) and those that I HATE receiving gifts from and who are really a pain in the @$$ to buy for (in-laws). They are just thrilled with themselves for picking out presents that we are supposed to be even more thrilled about. And its always something that I hate. But everyone loves buying presents for my little boy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit