Mad as hell...shivered and cried like baby

by DannyBear 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Danny, if you mean what you say, we need to talk. Call me: 970-206-1555.

AlanF

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Danny,we are developing a CREW here whether the participants realize it or not.Some times one of the CREW needs a rest,that is ok.Some times you get tired Danny,so you need to take a break,you will be back and we will be here.As a cyber community I think we watch over each other pretty good.God bless you DannyBear...OUTLAW

• GoldDustWoman
    GoldDustWoman

Hi Danny,

I had to think about your post for a spell.

I think you are on to something. I have been online for nearly 3 years. I have managed to make a friend or two in that time. What seems to be the prevailing attitude is that the friendships we make here, in cyberland, are of less value as those we make in the "walking and talking" world. That it is normal for people to just come and go. That may be the reality of online life, however, I know for myself that, the feelings that I "invest" in individuals here and in other places are real. I don't have a separate catagory for feelings and emotions for the people that I have "met" in the cyber world. So, when there is, unfortunately, a falling out, or just a growing apart, the feeling of loss is the same as if someone told me they didn't want to be around me anymore.

I think that might be why it seems like such a rollercoaster here at JW.com. Especially right now. People in crisis needing emotional support and people expressing their desire not to be around me anymore. I try to understand, but it's painful anyway.

I tell myself that is the risk I take. I invest sometimes and I get burned. I invest sometimes and the payoff is getting to know some really fine people. One of them being you, Danny.

So, I have done some of those things suggested, now and again, here. I have toughened up a bit. I attempt not to take things so personally.But, it's like walking a tightrope. A very delicate balance. I don't want to completely shut down my capacity for empathy and compassion. Yet, I can't be naive either. One of the limitations of the web is that things are not always what they appear to be. I remind myself that is also true in "real" life.

So, what's next? I'm not sure. If people think they need to leave, I certainly can't stop them. I bid them well in their future endeavors.
    As for me, I'm stayin put!

GDW

• Uncanny
    Uncanny

Well done, DannyBear.

This is my first day back here after many months of absentia. I'm glad I'm back, and you know why. It's because posters like you, and your great sense of humanity. Because when its displayed this way - so openly and honestly - all of us can relate, and usually gain comfort or learn something from it.

Uncanny
    Life Is Too Short To Drink Cheap Wine.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Danny, Hugs!!

I have experienced the feelings you talk of. They just creep up on you when you aren't looking. I have felt like that about exjw cyber friends spitting the dummy too - but you know what? I've seen a lot of them spit the dummy and then come on back with their tails between their legs. I think they just needed a break and they weren't grown up enough to recognise the situation for what it was. Still I didn't know that all those ones you mentioned have left the forum. Some of them were probably spread too thin. I like my approach much better. I just come and go as the mood takes me. I don't miss it when I'm away and when I'm back I love catching up with everyone. It doesn't make me very reliable as a cyber friend - but I still know and care about a few here - and you are one of them. Yours is the only post I'll read today.

Hope that tells you how important you are to some of us!
    love
    Marilyn

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Iam glad you guy's understood what I was trying to say.

Joel(joking or not) going back to the cult, everyone upset and feeling pain, it all just got to me. Even now my eye's are burning and wet, as I write.

The last six months have been hell for me. Without going into detail a very dear friend has been diagnosed with a long term debilitating disease, not life threatning but none the less, a trauma.

I have alway's considered myself strong, and able to handel anything, but lately trying to maintain my normal 'up' has been difficult to say the least. So my emotion's are running pretty close to the skin. I seem not to tolerate anyone's complaing or belly aching, as easily as I once did.

COMF you speak words of wisdom.

Farkel I did sound like some high school guidance counselor, didn't I.
    No exuses, I will not interfere or suggest you change your style in anyway. I was wrong to do so.

I really did not realize, how much you all on jw.com have become like an extended family to me, you are loved and appreciated...no matter what I have said in the past.

Danny

edited for an ooops!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ps. By the time I composed, took a phone call and posted, other's added comments. I normally would address each of you, but I just don't have it in me tonight...please be assured your comments were appreciated and not in least overlooked. Thanks so much.

• seven006
    seven006

Danny,

I know you have been going through a hard time. So has a few of the people that you have had harsh words with. As I explained to them about you not being yourself I think you have finally realized that about the ones we have spoken of. As I told them, give Danny a chance to catch his breath and he will eventually show everyone the real Danny. Sometimes the pain in our lives cause us to act a little out of character. Iv seen that in your posts lately. I figured it would only be a matter of time before you got back to yourself and saw things with that big ass heart of yours.

You show a lot of class here Dan. Please get in contact with Alan. I know a conversation between you two will be well worth it. Alan, Fark, and yourself have all gone through some real hell lately and that sometimes will give a person a bit of a sharp edge. Alan and I talked about the thing he said to you and how he not only might have said it wrong but also how you might have taken it wrong. It's just a misunderstanding between two bull headed old farts. Alan is a great guy and so are you, neither one of you can help the fact that your old and your both loosing your minds as well as your hair. I'm sure at the age both of you are, and having body parts drag on the ground like they do would make anybody a bit grumpy.

I still stand by my first thoughts concerning you and Alan. I think you two could be great friends. I am proud to call you a friend of mine. That same feeling goes for Alan and Doug. You are all damn good people.

Take care and give Terry a kiss on the cheek for me.

Your pal,
    Dave

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Danny if you aren't getting some regular exercise then it's time you started. I'm newly converted, which is a pain I know, but it's made a lot of difference to me. It takes the edge of my insanity! I only started exercising to use up my excess energy, which displayed itself in the form of anxiety. I am as regular with exercise as I was with meetings - religious!!! But fifteen months in, it's as good as paxil and I've now tried both. Only difference is that exercise doesn't ruin your sex life! So if you find this mood hangs around longer than a few days, drag your sorry arse into some shorts or swim wear and start moving a lot faster than you are used to. If nothing else it makes you too tired to be retched!

good luck
    Marilyn

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Touching post Danny, thanks - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit