Who's the best JWN liar? I'll start -- "we shun you cuz we love you"

by Fatfreek 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

A Wisconsin man won top prize in the "World's Best Liar" contest.

The Burlington Liars Club gave its top award to 58-year-old public health inspector Jerry Legro of Sun Prairie. His lie: ""I just realized how bad the economy really is. I recently bought a new toaster oven and as a complimentary gift, I was given a bank."

Hey, the Liars Club has been doing this kind of thing for many years. How about here on JWN. If you were a real liar what would you say to compete?

Here's my entry: We shun you cuz we love you. The GB.

Len

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

You had a dead end job for the last 40 years? Well, we never advised you to quit your career, sell your home, and pioneer back in 1975.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Russell did not believe in pyramidology.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Sure, you can express your opinion after you're baptized.

• sspo
    sspo

A JW at a door or bible study " We are not here to convert you, just encouraging bible reading!

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

JWs don't force their members to not celebrate holidays- they choose not to.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Nope, we never shut down that Quotes website. Peter Mosier did.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Apostates shut down our Gail Bethea-Jackson web page? We never heard of her.

• sir82
    sir82

"We don't force anyone to [go out in service / shun their family / refuse blood transfusions / disdain birthdays / take your pick of a million other things]. It's all a personal decision."

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

William Miller (the Millerites) was a wacko, predicting 1843 / 1844. There's not a single link (oops) between him and the formation of the Watchtower Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit