March 15, 2010 Watchtower -- "One Flock, One Shepherd"

by sd-7 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What is this, yet another example of creating problems where none need exist? If the "earthly class" were to partake, where in the Bible does it say that it would need to continue forever? What stops them from just discontinuing the whole thing, for both classes, when it has fulfilled its purpose?

Hopefully, people will begin to question the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger when they see this instead of trusting that they know better.

• wobble
    wobble

They made a fuss a while ago about the difference between "Arrival" and "Presence" and I notice they claim in this article that Jesus does not arrive until he comes to take the last of the bride class to heaven.

The Greek scholars on here at the time showed that the stress they put on the difference in the two words is not accurate.

Also, where is the scriptural proof that his arrival coincides with the rapture (or their mini rapture, coz I think they feel only 9 men, the GB, are really annointed) They just make the explanation and Dubs must swallow it all. If they cannot ,they must "wait on jehovah" and not question.

Gawd, dunnit make you wanna puke !

Love

Wobble

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

A bit later in the year, they trot out another perennial favorite: the "please don't misbehave at the district convention,"

and another bit later, from september onward (just on time to deduct donations from taxable income of the year), usual call for material support of the worldwide work, with emphasis on e-donating loving provision.

• Titus
    Titus

w82 5/1 p. 22, article How Should John’s Gospel Affect You? says:

"Where would that everlasting life be enjoyed? For the relatively small number who form the “little flock,” Jesus answers: “In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going my way to prepare a place for you.” He was obviously (!!!) referring to heavenly abodes.

NOW, COMPARE THIS:

"And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd." (John 10:16)

"Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32)

Obviously, there is just one flock. Isn't it? The title of March 15th 2010 article says it clear! And all true Christians are that one flock, or little flock. Jesus said there are two folds, but he never said there are two flocks (please, correct me if I am wrong...)

Yeah, CANTLEAVE, it is really disturbing article and whole issue!

Am I wrong? Probably I am!

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

This post is interesting to me on a couple of points:

1. " until he arrives" I need to do more research on this, but it seems that if Jesus arrived in 1914, then the keeping of the Lord's Evening Meal would end.

2. "I have other sheep which are not of this fold,..." A quick look at Bible translations and commentaries seem to indicate that Jesus was talking about the Gentiles as being the "other sheep" that he would bring. Again, more research is called for on my end. http://bible.cc/john/10-16.htm

Thanks for bringing this up though, makes for a very useful discussion.

• Titus
    Titus

@DSSYNERGY:

No, Jesus didn't arrived in 1914, (or whatever year that marks the end of gentile-times), but he will arrive.

In 1914 his invisible presence (or parousia) began.

Wobble mentioned that.

Anyway, point 2 is still interesting...

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

This sure sounds like a setup for "new light" or would that actually be back to old-new light? Seems to me Russell used to say something along these lines.

Mary,

While I would like to see #1 or #2, i just can't see it happening, although imagine how many would wake up if they did.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

So, I have a question: Did all of the first century christians partake of the Lord's Evening Meal? Or, did some of them abstain because they were not annointed? Is there any historical evidence either way? Also, was the LEM held yearly at first, then changed to a daily or weekly communion??

• cantleave
    cantleave

I agree that verse 16 (without the WT) seems to refer to the gentiles being given the opportunity to become Christs followers. Once they have accepted Christ they become his sheep. It seems so obvious now.

• Titus
    Titus

At first, it was yearly. (read the article in w06 4/15 p. 17, Melito of Sardis—Defender of Bible Truths?).

Did all of the first century christians partake of the Lord's Evening Meal?

Well, if I try to answer it, I should say "obviously" . I don't know. Who cares!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit