March 15, 2010 Watchtower -- "One Flock, One Shepherd"

by sd-7 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82
    Did all of the first century christians partake of the Lord's Evening Meal? Or, did some of them abstain because they were not annointed? Is there any historical evidence either way?

I believe there is an absolute lack of even the faintest hint of a shred evidence that any group calling itself "Christian" deliberately avoided partaking of the "Lord's evening meal" until the 1930's when "the Judge" told some of his followers they shouldn't do so.

Even the JWs admit this.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

They want to do away with the memorial so they no longer have to count the annointed so that big thing isn't hanging over their heads...

• watson
    watson

It's been a while.... is this new light?

When does the Lord 'arrive'? When he comes to take the last of his anointed bride class to their heavenly home.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

I'm confused about the arrival. How can someone be present without arriving? I don't get that this was a teleconference or a webinar ~ am I missing something??

• boyzone
    boyzone

Ephesians 2 blew away the "two classes of christians" doctrine completely. I read the passage as if for the first time and it was just so clear that the two parties were the Jews and Gentiles. Its clear that the "little flock" was the Jews who were to be preached to first as "lost sheep". And the "other sheep" were the Gentiles to be brought into the fold to make one flock under one shepherd. The wall between them was destroyed.

Ephesians 2 - it killed the 2 classes doctrine stone dead. After I realised that, the whole authority of the GB crumbled and their hold on me was gone.

This latest Watchtower is the GB trying to salvage that authority in ever more pathetic ways. Its a desperate attempt by desperate men to hang on to their power, a power thats slipping away from them as the people they command become more questioning, more cynical and better informed.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

I don’t see how they are going to release the number of partakers from 2009 without doing some serious “explanation”. The GB have clearly shown that they will lie if they feel cornered, so one possibility is that they’ll release the figures reflecting a lower or reduced number of the “new anointed”. Imoa, anything less than 11,200 is a lie. Or they’ll do away with the memorial in 2014 for shock value claiming “new light”, citing that the “Lord’s arrival” took place in 1914 and that the 1 st tier of this “generation” of “anointed” Christian passed away seeing the fulfillment of the 1 st phase of the Last Days while living on earth, that the covenant was with the born in 1914 “generation”, that the remand “anointed” not belonging to the born in 1914 “generation” will not passed away until seeing the fulfillment of the 2 nd phase of the Last Days. And that the 144,000 is a symbolic number representing all the anointed Christian, but that there is still a two class system.

Sounds crazy and far fetch… right? But I wouldn’t be surprised.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm not up on all my JW theology anymore (never really was, to be honest) but could it be that this explanation of Jesus' arrival to take the last of the annointed be a response to the many that have questioned the continual Memorial practice when Jesus had supposedly already 'arrived' back in 1914?

It seems over the last few years that WT doctrine is not so forward thinking as it used to be (or at least presented itself to be). It seems to be reactionary these days. With the ranks of the disgruntled, inactive and out-n-out apostates growing larger each year and their questions and challenges starting to make it to the rank and file, the WTS has to continually tweak their 'understanding' in order to try to counteract the questions and doubts coming from the still believing.

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

"When does the Lord 'arrive'? When he comes to take the last of his anointed bride class to their heavenly home."

So, is the WT saying that if some of the anointed survive the BIG A into the new system (paradise), not yet

taken to heaven, then JC hasn't arrived yet? The thousand year reign of JC will have commenced even though He

hasn't arrived yet? That's what I'm understanding they're saying.

• minimus
    minimus

lal, that would be correct.

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

MIN: lal, that would be correct.

So, JC will have destroyed all the evildoers, abyssed Satan and the demons, maybe even

started ressurecting the dead but because some of the anointed are still alive here on Earth

He, JC ........ His bus has not arrived yet. Ooooookay!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit