Washer blows up: Maybe I fed it too many socks?

by mamochan13 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

We just got a front loading washer a few months ago. Our water bill is about $15 a month less now. You save money on detergent too.

• Satanus
    Satanus

restrangled

You got one of those low water models. One w less bells and whistles and that uses the regular amount of water would be better, and cheaper.

S

• compound complex
    compound complex

Amen, restrangled, on topload Maytag ... they last forever.

You're right, too, about the clothes not seeming or smelling clean. Mom had a front-loading Bendix in the 1950s.

Remember Bendix? [not William]

CoCo

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is what Mom used. I loved to put things through the wringer.

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is what Grandma used. Made a pretty good musical instrument too. Very green

• Gregor
    Gregor

Greatgrandmas laundry room

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Gregor - I hate to admit it, but I've used both of the appliances you've pictured here. They worked quite well, too.

So an update - I called my local appliance repair guy. He has a heavy accent, hard to understand, but I finally get that he wants me to go and test my machine. Under his tutelage I discover that the cover switch has broken off. Now, it's not a major problem, apparently, if you know what you are doing. However I have to pay 50 dollars for the part, plus another $95 for the service call and labour to get it fixed. I messed around with trying to do it myself, but decided it would be preferable to pay the price for someone with the right tools and know-how. And its still cheaper than a new one.

But I still have a huge bag full of single socks...

• Gregor
    Gregor

Almost forgot the dryer...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit