Is the Bible Really Scientifically Accurate?

by FreeAtLast1914 126 Replies latest jw friends

• LeeT
    LeeT

Wow, thankyou Lime.

Pure genius that last post.

That must have taken quite some effort, and certainly had me laughing. Well, I think you've conclusively proved what we all knew. This passage can not be intended to be taken literally and the Bible still be accurate. It was also not meant to refer just to the known countries. If it was more 'as in a deam', why do the mountaineering in the first place?

My prefered explanation is the flat Earth one. I'm pretty happy with the idea that the Jews and just about everybody else believed in a flat earth as given in my Encyclopedia Judaica.

This is one of the subjects where I've never heard the fundamentalist rationalisation of though.

• Perry
    Perry

It's cute how your 'reference' here is your own ranting... followed by 19 pages of people disagreeing and debunking what you said.

No rant Limey, just obseravable facts. The peer review process in climate gate covered, witheld, and distorted actual science. This is one of largest hoaxs in history. Hundreds of emails PROVE this. Someone blew the whistle. That is a fact. You cannot change those facts any more than you can erase those foot prints in stone, no matter how much you want to. They are there and anyone with eyes can see them if they choose. If you think otherwise, that is your choice. But, you have presented NOTHING to explain away all the emails that prove the peer review process is fraud proof.

For me, I'm done in fully trusting men.

Merry Christmas and

Gloria in excelsis Deo

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Yes, I think we're all well aware of where you stand, Perry:

For me, I'm done in fully trusting men.

Great news for us all!

You can start by throwing out any peer-reviewed medication you are taking, that carefully peer-reviewed sanitized water that comes into your house, and foods utilizing peer-reviewed pasturization processes. Germ theory is, afterall a peer-reviewed scientific theory - and obviously one of the devious machinations of Satan.

All that's left is to start drinking water straight from a wholesome God-created pond or stream nearby.... and I think we're in business.

Best of luck to ya!

- Lime

• freydo
    freydo

There's a conspicuous lack of facts here to back up opinions.

• Perry
    Perry

Limey,

I never claimed the per-review process hasn't worked well. It does work well, that's one of the reasons it is such a valuable tool of deception. I have been an amatuer magician since I was a kid. The best slight of hand uses common ordinary objects that everyone can identify as having predictable characteristics. Give me a few simple coins, cigarettes, and a pack of playing cards and I'l go on for more than an hour violating your perceptions.

All, I'm saying is that the redactive review process (along with the funding process) that has assuredly brought much good and accuracy, scientifically, is by the same mechanism demonstratably capable of perpetuating utterly false conclusions .... involving hundreds if not thousands of people affecting global social and economic policy.

Climategate PROVES this. Period.

• designs
    designs

In the Painted Desert in Arizona there are some great pictographs of what looks exactly like a Pterodactyl snatching a child and taking flight, until you realize its really a Crane snatching a Toad.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

very interesting thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit