Does anyone find it too painful to read the WTS publications?

by dissed 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Lieu
    Lieu

I actually liked the Greatest Man Who Ever Lived book [for some strange reason I had the feeling it was written by a woman or someone very in touch with his femme side] ... and that's about it. No WT & Aw!

As for the WT, why do some bother to pre-read the articles? Its not like they won't be read boring paragraph by boring paragraph while you're at the KH. You could be doing something far more pertinent with your time - like filling a Pez dispenser.

• JAFO
    JAFO

I realised after my first post that I should have included the word nauseating in my reply.. skin-crawlingly nauseating, actually.. maybe because I read none of their shit for 25 years, then looked at a few things quoted/linked to here at JWN. Yep. definitely skin crawly.. creepy..

• finding my way
    finding my way

Yes I find it painful, because I feel instantly frustrated that my family believes this stuff still and allow it to impact their lives (and mine) so negatively.

I also feel like I can't concentrate on it when I try to read it. My brain wants to wander immediately.

I do enjoy learning the new scoop on what they are teaching, but find others comments more entertaining that actually reading the whole arcticle.

~fmy

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Two paragraphs into their crap and I start getting a mental block.

It really does take a huge effort on my part to try to understand what their latest crap is actually saying.

I have no problem with physics, biology, algebra, chemistry etc. and I can probably even whip up a reasonably destructive nuclear weapon without too much of a problem with the technical aspects, but but gimme a WT and the brain shuts down bigtime.

I am easy to spot in a meeting ..... I am the one with my head nodding and my tongue loling down my cheek.

I had a really good grasp of English grammar at school due to my mother being an English teacher but at home my father's rules of grammar, which were required to deal with his cognitive dissonance, took precedence and led to the demise of many of my more important brain cells.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Since reading the July 2009 Awake on "Is it Wrong to Change Your Religion" http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/174959/1/No-One-Should-Be-Made-to-Choosee280a6-LIES-from-July-09-Awake ,

I've had a very tough time looking at WT Literature. Of course, before I saw that article, it'd been a few years since I looked at the literature without feeling angry. Now I look at it with sadness and a sickened feeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit