I do not go from door to door but count ghost hours to keep the

elders off of my back. I take the literature to keep up the

appearance but do not pay for them. I figure if they want

to give the stuff to me, I will take them since the mags are

biodegradable.

Sour Grapes

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sour Grapes, i report about 8 hrs in FS , I usually place about 24 mags and do 8 RV. If only they knew it was with the recycling bin. As you say it keeps the hounds at bay. I have strated throwing out my collection of Bound Volumes so I can use the book shelves for decent literature.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"He could tell when people were unhappy with the administration, they would "vote with their pocketbook." There tended to be more in the box for utilities, etc., then for the "worldwide work.""

Me being an "unhappy with the admin" guy I never give to the WT so that I can "vote" with my pocketbook. This includes never paying for the mags/lit though, if I do get money from a householder (which I never do because I never ask), then I will put the money in the box for the lit. Like some I do feel an obligation to help pay for the upkeep/utilities for the hall since I like my local "brothers" and "sisters" and I would feel bad if I didn't help them out.

HQ

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I figured out the number of publishers against the expenses of the hall monthly, that way I contribute only our share (my hubby is a heavy hitter in there). So I don't contribute anymore than I have to.

It's still one heck of a good deal when compared to the poor fools shelling out 10% of their hard earned cash to their pastors. No way!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit