Blog in Essence mag on JWs door to door

by isaacaustin 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good one, Opus! Has anyone checked it lately to see if any negative/cautionary comments like Ynot and Opus' have shown up on the site?? I'm going to check right now - I suspect that "Essence" magazine will tend to block negative comments, especially if they've had experience with JWs in the past - JWs are NOTORIOUS for their behavior of 'ganging up' on any source producing accurate - errrr, 'negative' - feedback...

Zid
    jk

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sheeeeeeaaaaasssh!!! Talk about JW DELUSIONAL saccharin overload!!! YUK! I just went thru 5 pages (I think; all the "OH,WhataWONDERFULWITNESSFORJEHOVAH" had me retching by page 3...) before I found this comment; approx December 15th:

" Lee L: You mention the name "Jehovah" and a bunch of Watchtower Astroturfers move in like Pavlov's dogs. Sad thing is, none of them really know how to defend their faith other than with pre packaged answers provided by their headquarters.

Stay away from any group that provides easy, vague, emotionally charged answers to difficult questions, becausee in all likelyhood, they're just out to rip you off or control you. If you want an answer to all of your inquiries about the bible or even about your life itself, don't use a middleman with an agenda to figure it out, look within yourself..."

LOVE ITT!!!!! Will be back with more in a bit... Zid
    jk

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmmm. Made it all the way to Dec. 18th; I was zipping along but don't think I missed Ynot's and Opus' comments - suspect either they're still in process or Joy has decided not to post them, tho she let this one get thru:

" SheRahRah : " I was a JW for the majority of my life and although my experience has mostly been positive, Watchtower's handling of issues child predators is abominable. Please these sites for references:

jwfact.com
    silentlambs.com"

IIIIIInteresting... Zid
    jk

• Opus92
    Opus92

I'm pretty sure I'll never see my post. *shrugs* Oh well.

The one by Lee L, however, makes me feel better about my own nonexistent post. I'm not a fan of the slight insult (Pavlov's dogs? Really?), but his/her points are solid.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I just threw my hat into the ring, but used a slightly different approach... Some enthusiastic JW gave the 'OFFICIAL' WTBTS' website address. I went into it and pulled: the article about "Negotiating a Proper Bride Price" in Africa; hopefully that article will make Joy's blood boil... and three articles on the destruction of the 'wicked' - I phrased it as "all non-Jehovah's Witnesses" - at Armageddon...

Used their own website, pulled up a few of the more wacko articles - tho I should have gone on to post all the "Watch out for Demons!" articles, too - and posted my comment. Wonder whether we'll ever see that comment, either???

Zid
    jk

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Wow, 268 comments now and barely a dissenting view amongst them.

What are all these good little J-Dubs doing on the internet anyways? And why do I have the sudden urge to empty the contents of my stomach? Blech.

tall penguin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit