What JW catch phrase DRIVES YOU NUTS!!!!

by megaflower 221 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

best ever....

It has "for a certainty spiritually edified me to rejoice in the 'pure language of truth'"

Great thread...

But I have to give credit to a poster, DarioKehl several pages back who's list was a full page long!...Great job!

Can we make this thread stick please?

• MissFit
    MissFit

Independent thinking

Putting on the new personality

Stumbling someone

Where else would we go?

No part of this world

Fleshly desires

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

spiritual paradise (re being a witness)

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Just one word "Simplify" I think my trouble with this helped me stay out of slavery in bethel.

They need to be on guard against being turned aside by distractions. Since materialism is a snare that has entrapped not a few families, consider what Jesus said about keeping our eye “simple.” (Read Matthew 6:22, 23.) Just as a lamp can illuminate our path and allow us to walk without falling, what we take in through our figurative ‘eyes of the heart’ can enlighten us, helping us to conduct ourselves without stumbling.—Eph. 1:18.

4 For a literal eye to see clearly, it must function properly and be able to focus on what it is looking at. It is no different with the eyes of the heart. Having a simple figurative eye means that we are single-minded in purpose.(Fairly good so far) Rather than leading a life that is centered on material things and being consumed with taking care of only the physical needs of the family, we keep our eye focused on spiritual matters. (Matt. 6:33) This means that we remain content with our material provisions and give God’s service the first place in our life.—Heb. 13:5.(And here is where you sell all your belongings and become a missionary in some mosquito infested, land catch Malaria, and die painfully.)

Matt. 6:22

22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is simple, your whole body will be bright; 23 but if your eye is wicked, your whole body will be dark. If in reality the light that is in you is darkness, how great that darkness is!

24 “No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. -YOU cannot slave for God and for Riches.-(Note: This is my second choice.)

New American Standard Bible
    "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light.

King James Bible
    The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.

Often this is used along with “Simplify”

1 Tim. 6:19.19 safely treasuring up for themselves a fine foundation for the future, so that they may get a firm hold on the real life. (“Yes forget living now, slave, You will get the real life when God brings his new world.” Paradise! but when? “Soon”

Where have I heard that before Rev. 22:20 “The one who bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming quickly.’”

And third- 1 Tim 4: 8 For physical training is beneficial for a little, but godly devotion is beneficial for all things. (It just makes me angry when especially not fit people decide to throw this at me whilst I am trying to get pumped up about some exercise.), as it holds promise of the life now and the life that is to come. 9 That statement is trustworthy and deserves full acceptance. 10 This is why we are working hard and exerting ourselves, because we have rested our hope on a living God, who is a Savior of all sorts of men, especially of faithful ones

Great thread Megaflower,

WIT?

• MissFit
    MissFit

Privilege

When a " worldly " relative dies: at least now he'll have a chance to be in the new world.

• skin
    skin

"Moving to where the need is greater"

• MissFit
    MissFit

Keeping the congregation clean.

Wait on Jehovah.

Spirit of the world

• venting
    venting

The Devil is so smart, that he even has people believing he doesn't exist! I hate this one! venting.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"rich, spiritual food"

• skin
    skin

"We are deep, deep, Deep in the time of the end". Used to hear this saying alot back in the 80' and 90's. Not so much now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit