Boy Sent Home From School For Drawing Pic Of Jesus Dead On A Cross!

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

A Taunton Mass. 2nd grader was sent home from school after the class was asked to draw something relating to the holidays. He had been with his dad a couple of weeks before to a church function and saw these types of crosses on display. The school made the boy accept professional counseling to insure that he had no psychological issues! The father is very disturbed and decided to go public with what he and his son had to go through.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The American public education system is ridiculous.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/12/15/Taunton-Mass-boy-sent-home/1260897625.html

If this can happen,

let's send everyone that worships Jesus to undergo psychological evaluation!!!!

purps

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think many children would benefit if teachers had to undergo psychological evaluations prior to every school year.

W

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So basically they sent home a 2nd grade boy who enjoys drawing pictures of a man being tortured to death.

I'm surprised he wasn't handed over to police custody, expelled and admitted to a mental hospital.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Most people know Jesus Died on a Cross..

It would`nt be unusual to draw a picture of that..

Did the School think "Jesus was Born on a Cross"?..

Mary would have had a difficult time giving birth, if that was true..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• undercover
    undercover

While I think the school over-reacted, it does just show that the Christian symbolism of Christ on a cross is violent.

We rant and rave on this sight about the depictions of Armageddon in the WT publications and how that was disturbing to us as kids. How is it not disturbing to small children to see this supposed 'savior' hanging on an implement of torture?

And quite frankly, if my 2nd grader was asked to draw something about xmas and he drew jesus on a cross, I'd be a little worried. Out of Santa and snowmen and xmas trees and angels and presents and cookies, the thing this kids thinks to draw is Jesus on a cross?

But on the positive side....at least it wasn't baby jesus on a cross...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> But on the positive side....at least it wasn't baby jesus on a cross...

You mean like this....

• villabolo
    villabolo

In one word, pathetic.

villabolo

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Hey, if anything the kid got out of school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit