Wow

by brainwashed-from-birth 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

I ran into an EX JW I used to babysitt when I was a teenager. That really makes you feel old, you know :-) Anyway I invited her over for some coffee and we got talking gossip of course. She was in for several years after me and was filling me in on all the juicy stuff I shouldnt care about :-) . She is disfellowshipped too and her family is doing the disowning thing. I feel so bad for her. I directed her to this site for support.

While she was here though she let me know something that dropped my jaw. She told me that my little brother and her had been very naughty at a superbowl party. I mean really naughty. Definately disfellowship grounds. I am so torn. See, my family has disowned me also. My family consists of brother, twin sisters and parents. I was always very close with my little brother and he broke my heart the worst when he did not visit me anymore after my disfellowshipping.

Now that I have this information I am very hurt. I mean how could he justify doing things like that, but not coming to visit me. I feel like turning him in. Some for spite, and hopefully also to make him leave so maybe I can have him back. That is very selfish though. I don't know if I can put anyone thru that elder abuse

WOULD YOU SNITCH?

• teel
    teel

I wouldn't. I try my best to view these people as being under influence - you know, when someone is drunk you forgive him easier, only this time it's someone else who is contaminating their minds. It's not easy at all, I fail all the time That for the "spite" part for shunning.

As for having him DFd and coming to you, it's highly dependant on the person, some who are DFd because they did something wrong will cling so much more to the WTS, because their conscience tells them they deserve the punishment. Also if he's repentant enough, they may just let him off the hook.

• White Dove
    White Dove

No, I wouldn't snitch. Karma's a bitch and will come back to bite all the hypocrites in one way or another. You could have fun with him by telling him, "You know, I was talking to a friend of mine (mention name) and...(whispering in his ear) I know what you two did last summer," or whenever it was and watch him squirm. I would keep it just between the both of you. Keep your integrity and don't sqeal. That is one reputation you don't need.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

No I wouldn't snitch on him.

My one aunt who was still in the faith was behaving in an unappropriate manner with another brother - they were both married. She was the same aunt that had "evidence" of my apostacy. I looked her in the eye and asked her about her behaviour and if she thought it acceptable, but that I trusted her to make right with her god and not some man in a suit.

• Tristram
    Tristram

I've been spiteful also against some others that I know have done wrong (according to the society's rules) yet hypocritically put on a facade of spirituality in the congregation. Especially when their conduct has been personally injurious to me and caused me pain. I go back and forth whether to turn them in just to make them squirm and feel the heat. At this point I'm thinking I won't do that, like it was said above, karma's a bitch and they have to live with themselves the rest of their lives.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Sad to say...your brother is still locked INTO the org and so of course he is going to follow the 'rules' because THAT is what we're all taught to do. He live a double-life and continue to judge others sins while secretly committing his own! SAME thing is going on with my sister currently. This girl has been inactive for years, she has a child (and was only reproved), and confessed to me that she had an affair with her boss AND has stolen money using a credit card. YET when I get DF'd, she made it loud and clear (through a very scathing email) that neither she nor my niece (who is 3) want ANYTHING to do with me because I am 'dead' to them!!!!! And she has shunned me and made a production of how she is standing up for what is right......yet I guess SHE forgets that her closet is full of skeletons that she has yet to confess or that are publicly known.

It's retarded, but it's just the WAY of the org! As was said by LouBelle - it's not about what your brother did, it's about the fact that he is judging YOU when in actuality HE has no right! So that is between he and his God ...

• Gayle
    Gayle

My sister-in-law's father, Hank, had a friend who was disfellowshipped for smoking, still smoking. Hank talked with him how Jerusalem couldn't have been destroyed in 607 BC as the WT claimed. The"friend" turned in Hank to the elders for apostasy. Go figure.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea it's really odd with these people. On one hand they might be involved, or were involved in behavior that would get them df'd. But this weird sort of spiritual balancing act moves them to still act like a nazi to others, and turn them in to "keep the congregation clean."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, I'd keep my mouth shut. I don't like to interfere with other people's lives.

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, I wouldn't spill the beans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit