A Sister and a Brother alone

by Lilycurly 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I've been looking in the Watchtower Library all morning and can't find anything.

I KNOW that JWs have this rule (is it unwritten??) where a brother and a sister should not be left alone in a car, a house, or any private place. But my JW father says it's not so, and he spent a part of yesterday installing a computer program at a JW couple's house while the man was at work and the wife was at home. (So, father and woman totally alone without supervison.)

Now my disasociated mother told him that according to his JW rules, this should not happen, especially since she's now an unbeleiver and my dad should be a great example. He just got mad and said she was completly off the track. My mother told me that it's not that she doesn't trust him, but my father follows so strictly the rule of not talking to me ( I left the JWs too.) that it angers her that he would not follow ALL the rules as well.

So we need precise articles and WT writtings where they clearly say this situation should not happen, even with older brothers and sisters. Help please?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

WT 10/15/96: "

There is a ton of counsel against being alone for young people. This is the only thing I found in a quick search that applies to elders.

• Open mind
    Open mind

A Sister and a Brother alone................

......will fornicate.

Even if they are left alone unexpectedly and momentarily.

Imperfect humans are just walking bags of hormones waiting to procreate.

(There's actually a bit of truth there, but it leaves ZERO room for integrity or self-control.)

Have your seen the QFR from the brand new February 15, 2010 Watchtower?

om

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Mad Sweeney--Thanks! I read that article, but I fear it isn't direct enough...would you know a good one that refers to youngers people? That should apply to everyone no?

OM-The idea that leaving two people of opposite sex alone and they will fornicate is ridiculous of course! But if the WT says it, he should not ignore their councels right? That's hypocritical, and we want to show him that.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Found it!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/185464/1/QFR-Feb-15-2010-RE-Shared-Living-Accommodation

Page 23, paragraph 3: "What if two people who are not married unexpectedly....."

Hope that helps.

Just curious, is/was your father an elder? If so, he's been told repeatedly at Elder School's to "NEVER BE ALONE WITH A SISTER".

om

• minimus
    minimus

The elder's book clearly outlines this scenario.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

OM- No, he was never an elder, but a MS once. He's not anymore because all four children and his wife left the JWs. Thanks for the link! He won't take that personaly though I think, he needs it to be very clear and specific (like "you shall not be in a house alone with a sister!!")...he's reading all his magasines though, so he might be reading that article even now.:)

Minimus- Is there a way to know and print exactly what is written in that book?

• sacolton
    sacolton

And if they do fornicate ... the elders will want to know every little detail at the Judicial Committee.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, I know that the JWs do this because of their paranoid fear of sex -

But in fact, I observe this rule at work: No closed door meetings with a woman alone, especially if I am their supervisor. In the business world, it is just simple self-protection against legal complaints for both male and female managers.

I find it paranoid, of course, in either case. But such is 21st century litigational life.

• AggieNostic
    AggieNostic

...and yet the COs wife was always able to jet off to a return visit or a bible study with a brother - this happened several times that I observed. I mentioned it to the brothers and they wouldn't even touch that conversation... I guess the COs wife was able to control herself where the lower class sisters could not...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit