Why do Ex-JWs start celebrating pagan Christmas?

by DubR 221 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DubR
    DubR

Hiya guys and gals. Im not trying to be self-righteous but i want to understand the thought process of someone who knows the origins of Christmas, but starts celebrating it (putting up christmas tree, exchanging wrapped gifts; repeating Merry Christmas to everyone they see in the month of December)?? It seems very silly to me (IMO) after knowing how and why Christmas was created (to cater to pagans sun worship and convert to Christianity)!! I mean anyone who was a Jehovah Witness knows this fact. By the way im not condemning just wondering!! Thanks.

DubR

• cantleave
    cantleave

It because they realise that the WTS uses the non-celebration as a controlling mechanism. Celebrating xmas is a sign that the control is over-IMO.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i don't celebrate xmas...

i am a solstice kinda pagan

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

I'm not celebrating Christmas this year as my family still has some contact with me. That being said, once the shunning begins, my family (wife and kid) will be celebrating Christmas. I could care less what the origins of Christmas are. As cantleave said, condemning Christmas is a means of control by the WTS.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's fun!

• DubR
    DubR

Cantleave, it would seem to me that disassociating oneself from the mind controlling religion would be enough of a sign to show the control is over. Why start celebrating a holiday with such pagan origins as Christmas to show that? Thats like defeating the purpose to show those witnesses one is on the so called right path after leaving?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

it seems very silly to me (IMO) after knowing how and why Christmas was created
    (to cater to pagans sun worship and convert to Christianity)!!

It`s even sillyer to suggest anyone is Worshiping the Sun..

................... ...OUTLAW

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's harmless and God isn't going to strike me down for celebrating it.

• DubR
    DubR

leavingwt, ok i can take that as a good answer lol. Kind of like I dont care its fun.... type of thinking! That's cool. Also do any go on and share the lie of Santa Clause to their little ones? That just seems messed up. This is the expression of most kids when they find out thats a lie..

DubR

• LucyA
    LucyA

Ask me that again when you see your childrens , neices, nefews, grandchidrens faces light-up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit