The Sign of Matthew 24 shows we ARE NOT in the last days

by Mad Sweeney 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

JCanon returns! I knew I'd seen that little boy hidden in a hand picture before!

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Alwayshere,

I agree with you 110%.

The disciples were asking about the destruction of the Temple, which the Jews associated with the appearance of the Messiah and the end of the (Jewish) Age. The disciples had absolutely no idea that Jesus was going to leave them, so they had not idea about a "return". Just see their question at Acts 1:6 if you don't believe me.

He warned THEM to watch out for deceivers. That was his message. He was telling them not to be deceived by stories of wars and so on, as they were not signs. Never does Jesus say, watch out for a big war or a long war or a war where lots of people are killed. No, he just says, You will see and hear wars, but this is the first pains of a birth, not the death throes of the end.

He said that the destruction of the Temple was going to happen in the time of that generation, while some of them would still be alive, and he was correct.

In his Parables about his coming, every one of them says it will happen when no one expects. The cry went out to the Ten Virgins at the unexpected time (their day ends at sunset, not at midnight); the people of Noah's time were going about their normal daily activities. And Jesus specifically said that only an evil generation looks for signs, that no one but the Father knows when it will happen.

These contemporary date setters are the same deceivers that existed in Jesus' time, where he advised his disciples that they will say, "He's already come secretly" or "He's out in the desert."

Don't fall for their lies, either.

Doug

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Those who don't seem to believe there is a second fulfillment to these verses and that they were fulfilled in the 66-70CE period, do you also not think there is a second coming of Christ at all? Or just that these verses in Matthew 24 don't apply to it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit