Jehovahs Witnesses are banned in Russia

by Quadraphoenix 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The items considered extremist by the Rostov court are all published in the United States and Germany. The court's 56-page ruling, seen by Forum 18, gives three categories of alleged extremism located by expert analysts in the texts: 1) "incitement of religious hatred (undermining respect and hostility towards other religions)"; 2) "refusing blood" and 3) "refusing civil responsibilities". Half the titles condemned by the Rostov court feature examples only of the first category. Thus, in an October 1998 issue of "Watchtower", one analyst found "information capable of undermining the reader's respect for the Christian (other than JW) religion, the assertion of popular disillusionment in religion in the context of processes taking place within the Anglican Church". --http://www.forum18.org/Archive.php?article_id=1385

I'd really like to see if they bring some NooLight TM to those following areas to fight the ban. Yeah, they do need lessons on respecting other religions, but the JWs are a cult, so I don't know how much they would change.

Point number 2 is one I'd really like to see changed. Stop those Hospital Liason Committees from rushing to the hospital to push the blood ban on JWs! If the JW was conscious enough to ask for no blood, then that's the person's decision. When the HLC swoops in on a barely conscious person and gets them to refuse blood, that's what I despise. The WT should say, "It's between you and God, we won't interfere with whatever you decide." And they need to stop pushing the anti-blood propaganda in the literature, so that the rank and file start to think on their own.

If the GB can be forced to crank out the NooLight TM to make them more mainstream, that will be a great result of this ban. Anything that allows the JW to have some more independence. If the ban is lifted and nothing changes, then I'll say the JWs have won this battle. It'll make them feel like they've got a legal Teflon coating. They will be able to gloat. Like other posters have said, I'm not sure if the ban will give them an immediate bump, not like the old days. But removing the ban always gives them a boost of confidence.

• metatron
    metatron

Calling Jehovah's Witnesses extremists is like accusing a group of African-Americans of "having dark skin" or Jews of thinking of themselves as God's Chosen People.

To be a Witness is to be an extremist. Good luck fighting that in court.

metatron

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

metaron hit the nail on the head. getting banned in russia will not help the wts gain members there or anywhere else I've been saying here for years that the russians banning the wts there was a great idea, and I took a lot of heat for it. and education of the public while you let the wts ply their trade will not be effective or cost effective. there will always be jw's in russia but the wts is out of BUSINESS THERE and that's what pisses the gb off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit