New CO 70 yrs old, "youre not doing enough" school. Sigh

by monkeyman 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stealth
    Stealth

The WT preaches to the publishers to set up their work schedule so you can make the meetings during the week.

Then the CO rolls into town and changes the schedule for 100+ publishers for the convienence of one man. Very inconsiderate!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I can't take that much credit, really. It wasn't uncommon for there to be sparks between Bethelites and COs. After the Travelling Overseer School started at Patterson, the weapons in the Bethelite arsonal multiplied.

Here's a sample. An old fart CO started going off at a Bethel table about how easy Bethelites have it, laundry done, rooms cleaned, blah, blah, blah. Well, the Bethelites sit silently, politely... except, as he's winding down, the youngest, newest Bethelite at the table says, "You get a car, right? A free car from the Society? And you get Monday and Tuesday off, right? Do you have a "Home Overseer" that's entitled to go through all your stuff in your room while you're away at work?" That shut him up.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Excellent point, Stealth.

• cheerios
    cheerios

We had a CO who gave a scathing talk to the congregation about being Danites. Thats the tribe that said they help fight to defend israel but didn't show up when the battle happened. He said our whole congregation was made up of Danites.

wtf

i had an uncle named Dan. he never showed up when i moved. bastard. now i know why ... f'in danite

• freddo
    freddo

CoBoE: Thanks for the schedule Bro. CO; I notice that Mrs. CO has a phantom dietary requirement that means she has to have a vegetarian, martian, hypochondrarian diet? That's fine. (thinks: Oh jeez!)

Oh, you need a bed with no down feathers in the duvet because you have an allergy to "natural" stuff - ok - I'll sort that!

Of course you can have a room facing West because the bright sunlight in the mornings plays up your eyes ...

And the sister at your accommodation address must not wear perfume because it brings you out in hives - understood.

And what's this? Your wife needs to sit in the front of the kingdom hall because the paint has a chemical of homeopathic proportions and it brings her out in blotches - riiiiigggghhhhtt!

No, no! No problem at all.

CoBoE walks away, gets five paces away, turns round and says: Look. I'll cover your *ss! Why don't you leave us alone for the week, take your wife on holiday, pleasure her repeatedly until she screams with satisfaction and your knob is as orange as a carrot, and have a case of fine wine to help you forget what a sad life you really lead! Here's a hundred bucks to get you started on your way ....

------

What do you think fellow forum members - would that work?

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Oh my God..70yrs old? Did you get Bro Burdine???? That's the oldest one my old cong ever had. Dude had some 40yr old wife though (and she was NOT very warm or friendly).

• yknot
    yknot

Freddo .....

• yknot
    yknot

Freddo .....

Any advice for those of us with mid-40s single COs...

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

We'll keep you posted. Haven't actually had his visit yet. My info is from surrounding cong. who aren't too happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit