Just found out about a pedophile elder in my old Cong.

by marmot 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• marmot
    marmot

http://www.hebdosregionaux.ca/monteregie/2007/11/24/simonin-purgera-sa-peine-dans-la-communaute

I could only find the article in French, but you can use google translate. I remember this guy vividly and it churns my stomach to think of what he did to that poor girl. She's the same age as my little sister and I cannot imagine what I would do if it had happened to her. The fact that he abused her in the kingdom hall itself also blows my mind. The creep had no shame.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Spread the word!
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Glad to hear the victim is reaching out for help and received at least some justice.

This should help her in her recovery. I wish her well.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    The cases just keep adding up!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Article from 2007, mind you.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just goes to show what kind of god joke-hova is. First, these religions (the jokehovian witless religion is a prime case of this) instills shame and guilt with the sex function. They threaten with damnation if sex is performed outside tight regulations. Then they force people into relationships outside these tight parameters--as much as they harp on premarital or extramarital sex being damnable offenses, I highly doubt these scum were married to the children they forced into these relationships. Hounders, nonetheless. If these same children were found doing fornication, these same hounders would disfellowship and threaten with damnation so fast they wouldn't know what hit them.

And worse if the hounders are doing it with a specific goal of ruining lives. Those hounders need the worst possible punishment. When you set out to ruin the life of a child, or several children, you need to have your own life ruined. I can only hope they are the ones in Tel Aviv, stuck because no planes are returning back to the states or Canada because the dollar abruptly becomes toilet paper. And I hope they are the ones that run into bad luck with hospitality, getting into trouble because they are there too long (and cannot leave because their "round trip ticket" no longer works because no one is working at their home airport) and getting into debt. Hopefully, that debt is based on silver and gold (which these scumbags that intentionally set out to ruin children's lives do not deserve). Regular jail time, or regular execution, is simply too merciful for anyone that deliberately sets out to ruin children's lives, which is all too often the case in these situations.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Convicted in December 2006 of sexual assault on a minor that occurred between 1985 and 1992, Marcel Simonin, 67, who was an elder in the Jehovah's Witnesses in Châteauguay at the time of the crimes, was sentenced to a term of nine-month prison sentence he will serve in the community.

Simonin was sentenced last Wednesday at the Valleyfield courthouse.At the time of the first assault, the victim, a young girl was only eleven years old.

It was at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Châteauguay that the mother of the young victim had met the individual who then occupied the role of Elder, that is to say, he was speaking at the Meetings. He taught life precepts and spiritually supported members of the congregation.

After successfully gaining the confidence of this woman and her daughter, it was later given to intimate contact with the teen, contacts from simple touching to complete sexual intercourse.

During those eight years, the attacks occurred in several places, especially in the individual, in his car, at the home of the girl and the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Châteauguay.

In his judgment, Judge Linda Despots of the Criminal Division, noted that the victim had filed a complaint when she was 16 or 17 years but has subsequently withdrew the complaint "feeling under pressure the community and the threat of being deported. "

This is another old in the Quebec City area where the mother and the complainant were relocated, who convinced her to write a letter to the authorities of the Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses on her experiences with the accused.

Following receipt of this letter, Simonin telephoned his victim to apologize for the actions after having recognized the truth. The complainant would have forgiven him.

But when, in 2003, the girl reviewing the accused at a meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, his presence rekindles his injuries and made him relive the guilt experienced during the years she has been the victim of touching. Will then follow in difficult years for the girl where she made three suicide attempts and began psychological counseling.

In 2005, in order to continue its therapeutic approach and release the girl again decides to file a complaint against the accused.

Believing that the credibility of the accused - who has always denied being addicted to alleged acts - was affected for many reasons, the Tribunal stated Marcel Simonin guilty of sexual assault under section 246.1 (1) a), 271 (1) a) and 153 (1) a) of the Criminal Code.

Before 1996, a person convicted of a criminal offense and sentenced to a term of imprisonment of less than two years was to serve his sentence in custody in a prison. Today, a person sentenced to a term of imprisonment of less than two years may serve that sentence in the community if the court considers that a conditional sentence of imprisonment is appropriate.

The Sun tried unsuccessfully last Thursday to join the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Châteauguay for comment. Officially, the Jehovah's Witnesses oppose pedophilia.

Atlantis!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    is he an elder now?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

The online registered sex offender database is a very useful resource.

If he's on it, feel free to tell whoever you want, however you want.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard
    a very good translation Atlantis. I find it hard to beleive that google is responsible. Are you bilingual?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit