Any agnostics/atheists ever give the prayer at the K Hall?

by Open mind 20 Replies latest jw friends

• xeracia
    xeracia

The Flying Spaghetti Monster always listens:P

• blondie
    blondie

They probably have known pedophiles pray as well.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OM, you poor guy. Get out of her.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Touche' Blondie.

However, removing shunning wouldn't stop pedophiles from praying or preying. It would, however, stop me from ever giving another K Hall prayer.

OTWO:

I'm goin'. I'm goin'. Just gotta let the screen door hit me on the ass a few times first.

om

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Has an organized mass exodus of faders and wannafaders ever been proposed or discussed here? I'm fairly new so forgive me if it has...the search feature isn't the greatest, btw.

The steady trickling away of "qualified brothers" is one thing, but how might it hit the borg if hundreds or thousands of MS/elders left en masse? It seems as if there are dozens of us here already in mid-fade.

By the way, I'm agnostic. I still can't believe in a universe (or anything within it) without a cause, and the organization of the world reeks of intelligence. So I'm thinking there's probably something somewhere with consciousness who got things started. Beyond that, I don't know. And I still give prayers regularly at the meetings. I pray to "Our Father" as instructed by Jesus.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Mad Sweeney:

Has an organized mass exodus of faders and wannafaders ever been proposed or discussed here?

Yes, many times. Don't have a thread to point you to, but it's been discussed.

This website is about as organized as apostates get. Kinda reminds me of the Super Bowl ad about Cat Herders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

How is a "mass exodus" going to happen? People wake up at different rates. Many (most?) JWs never do. For what you propose, you'd need people who have awakened to stay in the Org, waiting for others to join them. Then all leave at once. Doesn't sound too realistic to me.

The shunning "arrangement" is brilliant, IMO. Cruel, heartless, UnChristian, evil and positively brilliant.

om

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yeah, I still do some prayers. No big deal. It's like helping a kid write a letter to Santa.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Om

I love the catherding youtube. Here's one of a drunk squirrel. Definitely headed for apostacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikH9ZRcF2Q&feature=related

S

• Open mind
    Open mind

Billy-the-Ex:

It's like helping a kid write a letter to Santa.

Thanks Billy. I'll keep that in mind for the next one in a month or two.

om

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I get your point, OM, but if it's nothing but a pipe dream, go ahead and pass me the pipe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit