? about Satan and Heaven

by juci32 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

CAD Unless you are god presumably? Then killing lots of people is fine and dandy?

EVIL people. Don't you read the Bible. The 2nd resurrection. Both the good and bad come back to be judged. The good get eternal life the evil get the lake of fire?

In the end, the righteous will get eternal life, either in heaven or on the earth. God went through a lot to save the billions of innocent people Satan murdered in Eden.

So, sorry, but there's a difference.

There's a difference if the police kill an armed burgler holding hostages, some of which he has already killed and a mother drowning her babies.

LS

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Jesus's own words confirm that he saw Satan fall, not WILL SEE or that it WILL HAPPEN, but that it did/was happening and Jesus also says that He has given them power of "the enemy", power over Satan, somehting that is reiterated by James when he says, "resist the devil and he will flee".

Just so you are not confused. Language is complex and can be literal, figurative, future, all kinds of things. When you have in the Bible something as specific as when Satan is literally cast out of heaven at the time of the second coming and Jesus speaking of seeing Satan fall out of heaven because his disciples have power over demons, then you know one is figurative. "Falling from heaven like ligtening" did not have to do with his literally being cast out of heaven which would take place later following a battle in heaven.

You also have the context of Jesus going to sit at the right hand of God for a while until the right time when his enemies would be placed at his feet. Now I understsand why there might be confusion. But you can't ignore Revelation just because you have a reference to Jesus seeing Satan falling from heaven like lightening.

What I get out of this reference is that Satan had held such high sway before over mankind along with the demons and that lofty position of authority represented a heavenly position but now those on earth are conquering the demons so this brings Satan off that former high position. Jesus was speaking metaphorically.

Otherwise, you have a chronological contradiction in the Scriptures and there's no such thing.

LS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Just so you are not confused. Language is complex and can be literal, figurative, future, all kinds of things. When you have in the Bible something as specific as when Satan is literally cast out of heaven at the time of the second coming and Jesus speaking of seeing Satan fall out of heaven because his disciples have power over demons, then you know one is figurative. "Falling from heaven like ligtening" did not have to do with his literally being cast out of heaven which would take place later following a battle in heaven.
    You also have the context of Jesus going to sit at the right hand of God for a while until the right time when his enemies would be placed at his feet. Now I understsand why there might be confusion. But you can't ignore Revelation just because you have a reference to Jesus seeing Satan falling from heaven like lightening.
    What I get out of this reference is that Satan had held such high sway before over mankind along with the demons and that lofty position of authority represented a heavenly position but now those on earth are conquering the demons so this brings Satan off that former high position. Jesus was speaking metaphorically.
    Otherwise, you have a chronological contradiction in the Scriptures and there's no such thing.

The only confusion that happens is when people, ike you, go beyond what is taught, what is stated in scripture and try to interpret things to justify your own "timeline".

It has zero to do with ignoring John's Revelation, but understanding the true timelines of Revelation and not all of John's visions were "the future".

YOU say Jesus was speaking metaphorically, yeah? so? who the "F" are you ?

Luke stated it clearly, are you suggesting Luke was confused? or is this another one of those "scribale conspiracies" ?

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

there are just to many verses that say satan was thrown out of heaven at least 2000 years ago maybe even 6000 years ago. and I will list a few gen 3;14 and sata are lower than the beasts in the fields and will eat dirt for the rest of your days, Isa. 14:12 how art has fallen from heaven O LUCIFER cut down to the ground. Luke 16:19-25 lazarus and the rich man Lazarus lived 2000 years ago but the rich man was in hell already... 2 peter 2:4 and the bad angels have benn cast into chains of darkness in hell jude 1:6 but the angels who leftheaven were locked in everlasting chains under darkness. rev12;7-17 and THERE WAS A WAR IN HEAVEN with satan being cast out . this is at least 2000 years ago not " there will be a war in heaven in 1914. all of these verses and more are all PAST TENSE. the wts hates the bible and the words of christ.

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Its still future.

Satans ousting comes at the downfall of this system, at the 6th seal. And when he comes down, he does so in great anger cause he knows his time is short, namely 1260 days. Its still to come and when it does happen everyone will know about it. This will be the time of the great Apostasy, and its not brought about by any clergy, religion, or jws, but by the last king to come.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

if I remember the 6th seal was at some 1920's wts convention. and wasn't the 1260 days from 1914-1918 or was it from 1915-1918 or 1919 when rutherFRAUD was let out of jail. or some other crazy prophecy like 1918 till the 1922 convention at cedar point ohio? oh but I forgot the YEAR FOR A DAY BIBLE CRONOLOGY SO ADD 1260 YEARS TO 1914 AND YOU GET THE YEAR 3174 but wait the wts said till the 1930's that adding 1260 day (day for a year) TO 539 A.D. when some rabbi got killed . 539+ 1260 DAYS BRINGS YOU TO THE YEAR 1799 AS THE START OF THE TIME OF THE END. WHEN NEPOLEAN THREW THE POPE OUT OF ROME. you have to love wts cronology it has A 100% RECORD OF BEING WRONG FOR THE LAST 130 YEARS.... HA HA HA HA..............................................................................................

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

607,1914, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla....all these books are written for a specific time in the future, and as christ says it will come upon man in an instant. The german bibles says "schlinge", schlinge is a kind of trap, all seems okay, but when you least expect it, then the doors or trap shuts, then thats it...all we have are the signs, and what we are seeing now maybe just the very begining of it.....have a look at Alex Jones Fall of the Republic. Listen to other evangelists like chuck missler, have a look atbiblicaltruthseekers.co.uk...

The wbts is just another one of Satans mainstreams, though the other mainstreams will deny its mainstream, because they deny the trinity, but I think the trinity is nothing in comparison to what the wbts have done and even preach......Ministers of God, I doubt it, ministers of Satan, its open for debate.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

No longer held captive what s your point? what books from the wts were ever written for the future were ever forefullled? christ said they will be many FALSE PROPHETS THEY WILL MISLEAD IN JESUS' NAME. MAYBE LIKE this alex jones , chuck missler guys your asking me to read? they can all drop dead because none of these teachers can help me when christ judges me. SO WHAT in HELLS NAME CAN THEY DO FOR ME????? AND your right about one thing when christ ever returns I will stand alone just as any stupid follower of any preacher will stand guilty for following SPRITUAL DOPES...............

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's the truth: you know as much of the answer to your question as any person is able to know.

The difference between you and the theologians is that you lie less than they do; you admit you don't know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit