Don't worry - the F&DS will deal with the root causes of mankind's woes!

by peacedog 11 Replies latest jw friends

• peacedog
    peacedog

This statement from the Jan 2010 WT, page 13:

[Jesus] knew that he himself as King of that Kingdom, along with his resurrected Spirit-begotten brothers, would deal with the root causes of mankind's woes-sin and the Devil. (Rom. 5:12; Rev. 20:10)

Another example of the WT$ elevating themselves to Jesus-status. It's not Jesus who'll deal with Satan - it's Jesus ALONG WITH THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE CLASS.

The WT$ cited Rom 5:12 and Rev 20:10, but - surprise! - neither support the claim that they (FDS) will "deal with the root causes of mankind's woes-sin and the devil"....

• Satanus
    Satanus

'resurrected Spirit-begotten brothers,'

That's not the fds. That's angels.

S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Actually that's the 144,000 who the gb/fds claim to be a part of.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The WT$ cited Rom 5:12 and Rev 20:10, but - surprise! - neither support the claim that they (FDS) will "deal with the root causes of mankind's woes-sin and the devil"....

My reply: Peacedog, I am sure this was a simple oversight on the part of the WT, or more likely we must be missing something! Given the organizations impeccable track record of teachings and use of scripture, coupled with their complete knowledge of the Bible....excuse me while I go vomit!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jesus and Jaraqz what a team.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Thanks for the comments.

Satanus: When were the angels "resurrected"?

mrsjones: I think technically the 144k *is* the F&DS, although for all intents and purposes, the GB is really the F&DS......

isaacaustin: Of course, you must be right... I've got to stop jumping the gun like that. Now where is that vomit bag....

I continue to be amazed by the degree to which the GB has elevated themselves and supplanted Jesus in their own eschatology. They are truly legends in their own minds...

• wobble
    wobble

Leg -ends in their own minds, at the top of the male leg, one leg-end, are the testicles, are you saying the FDS /GB think of themselves as a load of Bollocks ?

if so, for once I agree with them !

love

Wobble

• Satanus
    Satanus

Peacedog

'When were the angels "resurrected"?'

If it flies like an angel. If it quacks like an angel. If it looks like an angel, then i call it an angel. The wt claims that the 144000 get a resurrection to being spirits when they die. Seems to me, that as spirits, they qualify or fit into the category of angels.

S

• peacedog
    peacedog

Satanus,

Thanks for clarifying. But even so, that doesn't change the fact that according to the F&DS, *they* [in spirit form] will deal with the root causes of mankind's woes - sin and the Devil.

Kinda presumptous of them considering there is no sciptural support for this claim.

peace

• Mary
    Mary

Obviously then the bible is at fault because we all know that there's no way the Watchtower could ever print something that's not true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit