My parents are having a Turkey day get together and guess who they didn't invite?

by mrsjones5 65 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My family and I. F*ed up would not even cover how I feel about this. I came to California for this?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sorry to hear that Mrs Jones. Are your parents JWs?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes they are. It's the usual sh*t they pull with me but now it's affecting my kids. I'm not pleased.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry to hear your troubles. Strength to you with the kids.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

JUST SENT YOU A PM !!!

• Mary
    Mary

Josie, I'm so sorry (but not at all surprised) to hear this. I know of many Witnesses to have uh "Turkey Day" (that just happens to fall on Thanksgiving or Christmas) Smileys and they don't invite relatives who might see through their hypocritical crap have 'turned their back on Jehovah's Organization.

How did you find out they were having this?

• ziddina
    ziddina

What Mary said... Imagine what things would be like if you DID attend - all that 'holier-than-thou', all that "Jehovah's going to GET you if you don't COME BACK"... Be glad you won't be subjected to all that - can I cuss here? CRAP!

Start your own traditions! and to get you started, here's a

roasted

Happy Thanksgiving!

To you!

Zid

Oooops! My gravy's burning!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"How did you find out they were having this?"

My parents' favorite daughter came to town on Monday (not hard to figure out that I'm not the favorite) and she and my mother dropped by last night. Mother happened to mention that she had to clean 20 bunches of greens and was going to cook a smoked turkey (fav of the favorite) and a free range turkey. Then she looked at me and asked "What are you going to do?" I replied that I had planned on cooking a 16 pounder on Thanksgiving. Mother went on to say how many folks were coming over and that my brother (the second fav) wouldn't be able to come because his wife had to work. No invite was forth coming from my mother and I wasn't about to beg to go.

I tried very hard not to let this get to me but I have to admit that I cried myself to sleep and it was very hard to get up today and start cooking. I kept the tears away from the food. Thank God I'm a good cook cuz the food is slammin' and hubby and the kids were well fed.

Josie

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Mother happened to mention that she had to clean 20 bunches of greens and was going to cook a smoked turkey (fav of the favorite) and a free range turkey. Then she looked at me and asked "What are you going to do?"

DELIBERATE CRuelty!

OOOOO! #*@*##!!! That makes me SOOOO MAD!!! May Cerridwen and Baba Yaga sour her culinary attempts!!!

(No, I'm not a "fluffy-bunny-rainbow-unicorn" pagan...)

Zid

(Guess my gravy wouldn't burn if I'd stop running between the computer and the kitchen...)

jk

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I am so sorry josie. You seem like a sweet person and that's wrong they didn't include you. I 100% agree with Mary that they don't want to risk having anybody attest to their hypocritical behavior. It's okay to cry sometimes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit