The Latest Lie

by agonus 30 Replies latest watchtower medical

• agonus
    agonus

In a recent Watchtower, the Paradise Earth doctrine and its "uniqueness" to Jehovah's Witnesses is discussed. I don't have a scan available at the moment but I may be able to obtain one.

What I wanted to bring your attention to is the paragraph discussing the Bible Students' teaching of a "Paradise Earth" under Pastor Russell's leadership. The article stresses that these Bible Students "knew" that "only a few would go to heaven".

This is a FLAT. OUT. LIE. Plain and simple.

Look up all you can find in the Proclaimers book on Pastor Russell, the Bible Students, and their understanding of the "little flock" versus the "other sheep" (or "Great Multitude"). It is ABUNDANTLY clear that CTR and co. NEVER taught that ONLY 144,000 would go to heaven. They simply believed that the 144,000 was a "special" heavenly class among many others who would ultimately have a heavenly destination. In fact, the Proclamers book states, clear as day, that the "Great Multitude" was understood by the B.S. as having a HEAVENLY hope! I quote page 166:

"Who make up this... Great Multitude? For years, even down till 1935... it was thought that they were a secondary heavenly class..." (Italics mine).

So my question is this: Is this latest crock'o'shit proof that the WT is getting a) careless, lazy, and sloppy, or b) bolder in their increasingly obvious deception? If b), are they doing it just to further alienate the fence-sitters? Or c) do you think they're still betting on the ever-deepening spiritual stupor of the average JW, assuming (hoping?) they'll never notice?

It just seems to me that lately they're really ramping up the BS and it's getting more and more transparent all the time...

Thoughts?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I often wonder how my parents can shallow this crap. My mother I get cuz she just loves believing that she's better than worldly folks but my father was always a friendly help anyone person. I think dear old Mom slowly turned Dad to the dark side. It's not pretty.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for highlighting this.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Welcome to the site agonus. The vast majority of JWs do not care to own, let alone read, their old literature. I knew a sister who had a copy of the Finished Mystery (Absolutely the worse JW book and most dangerous one by far). She was proudly showing it off since it was a family heirloom that had been passed on through the generations. As soon as I got it in my hands I opened it to read a line or two and boy did that shock them. They suddenly started flailing their arms and shouting "No!, no!, it's different!" All I remember is reading something about hippopotamuses and railroad trains.

I wondered what kind of book it was that it would be considered in the highest esteem to own but not read as if the devil himself had printed it. Now that I got a copy of it I know why. Bottom line, the majority of humanity, more so JWs, have the curiosity or integrity to search for the truth of anything that inconveniences them.

villabolo

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Mrs. Jones, I promise I'm not following you on threads but I thought this was interesting, especially about the "uniqueness" of it to jw's. I was fortunate to be able to show a whole printout on Christadelphians to some jw family recently....I sure hope they notice this article you speak of. http://www.bereans.org/instructor.html This is what Christadelphians believe...check out #73. And as you're scrolling down, check out all the OTHER similar things they believe. Oh, and they've been around just as long as jw's.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Awsnap, even if you were doing me the honor of following me around on threads I honestly wouldn't mind.

back to topic

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you for that agonus,

Just wondering if you have the date for that slimy deception?

y

• agonus
    agonus

If the Proclaimers book (published in the early 90's and a "staple" book for JWs) is now considered "old" then the WT is really screwed...

• agonus
    agonus

It can't be more than a few study articles ago, maybe not even a month. I'll have to look through my stuff when I have a minute...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If you can't scan it, agonus, just drop me a PM and I'll rummage through my folks' Washtowels to see if I can find it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit