Perimeno

by Truthexplorer 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi everyone,

After I decided/resolved to return to meetings several months ago, after being away on and off for several years; I can honestly say that I feel far more settled and comfortable in attending meetings again.

I struggled to attend before, having been reproved, then moving to a different congregation which I didnt find to be overly freindly. It was only after I was reproved that I began to see all the past history of the Soc iety(via internet) and the many things that simply stumbled me.

3 Times I tried to return to meetings and three times I fell away. I felt crushed, worthless, a sinner, no good, lack of brotherly affection at my new hall etc etc; I would also look at all the things wrong with the society and think what is the point; I dont believe certain teachings, such as 1914.

I would scowl the internet searching for the true faith (Christian denomination that adhered to scripture), the one and only faith as I am sure many on this site have perhaps done so.

Just at the point where I was beginning to lose faith in the bible itself, I decided to give the bible another chance. I had never read through the bible in its entirety. I decided to use a nicely laid out KJ version which contains a method at the back as to how to study the bible daily.

I would underline scriptures that stood out and pencil in some of my own thoughts. About 4 months in, I found myself getting more and more into this method of study and began to have a completely different take on the bible. I was astounded at what I was reading and fascinated at the whole history of the ancient hebrews and how it all came about. I discovered that YHWH is a merciful God and that many times he could have wiped mankind off the planet, but put up with our disobedience, and rebelliousness. I discovered that, time and time and time again, the Israelites (Gods chosen people-a nation for his name) constantly rebelled against their very maker. I discovered that all we truly are is dust/clay that lives a short while and then we are gone. YHWH could snap his fingers if he wished and make us disappear. Yet he is giving you and I the chance to prove ourselves and live within his promised Kingdom. Yes it is a hope, but I have built my faith in that hope, which is giving me the peace I need in my life.

It was after about 4 months that I decided to pray to God and to ask for forgiveness for my sins. I discovered that through Gods grace and mercy through Jesus, that he will forgive us and strengthen us (by means of the helper-his holy spirit) if we are sincere towrd him. The realtionship I was building was a direct relationship with God thru his son Jesus Christ; a very real one. I started feeling that love in my heart coming back again, ie the love a person feels for about the first year after studying the bible when becoming a witness. That is a feeling I didnt feel for some 18 years.

I would come across scriptures like Luke 18:1 where Jesus explained that we should always pray and not to give up; or as the KJ version says 'dont lose heart'. Just simple scriptures like that would suddenly dawn on me and help me realise ok I lapse back some times and might sin; yet why should I give up- just keep going and overcome it.

I know my weaknesses and I find that I am now beginning to overcome my weaknesses. Thats Gods spirit working, because my realtionship is growing. I decided several months ago to return to the meetings with my new outlook. I know that the society have a lot of things that are wrong and I will not beleive what I beleive to be blatant error; but my realtionship is with Jehovah and his son Jesus Christ; not a group of imperfect men at Brooklynn who have set themselves up on a pedestal dishing out truth with error.

Although much of what the society are doing is sincere and genuine, such as the cause in spreading the Kingdom message and on the whole trying to do good; they have also caused a lot of stumbling and treated their flock in many cases in a dreadful manner as many on the JWDF express daily.

It is on this point that I would direct as many people to have a read of the information at the following site http://perimeno.ca/index.htm Many of you have probably read many of the articles on this site, but boy does he hit the nail on the head with many of the points he has made with regard to why things are the way they are with the WTS. I am not saying I agree with Perimeno on every single point, but he certainly explains how we can get rid of that anger and frustration we may be feeling right now; and how we can have a real and true relationship with God again.

I truly feel much more settled and happier in my self knowing that one day all truth will be revealed; that all the grey areas will be made clear; that individuals who are treating Gods people harshly now will soon face their day of Judgement as described by Perimeno (unless they change and humble themselves as Jesus explained to his disciples).

I have my faith back again and feel right now that nothing can ever stumble me or cause me to break my realtionship with God anymore. Yes, it will be hard for me as I will be trying to avoid preaching things I dont agree with when out in the ministry; and know that I may very possibly end up being disfellowshipped for what the society views as apostasy (ie sharing clear biblical truths and avoiding all erroneus/unclear teachings).

I would therefore urge everyone to read the articles on the site above. It is information that is not meant to stumble anyone, but rather to encourage and sustain you not to give up your personal realtionship with God. You will discover many Scriptural truths that will make absolute sense when reading these articles.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Christian Love

TE

• Robdar
    Robdar

Congratulations TE. I wish you well on your path.

Much love to you,

Robyn

• musky
    musky

Thanks for sharing your story.I tried to go back to meetings with the thought that I could just pick the things I wanted to believe,and not worry about the rest.I found out that the society really wants us to believe everything they teach as truth.They don't want independent thinkers who don't agree with everything.They say it's o.k. if we don't understand everything.Just as long as we are submissive to the teachings.I couldn't accept that.I took a NIV bible to the meeting once just to see what the reaction would be.From quite a distance it was obvious it was not a NWT.I got some pretty cold stares.I thought why should it be a big deal just to take another translation along.It is all God's word.Anyway,I wish you the very best and I hope you will continue to be encouraged and encourage others along the way.

• yknot
    yknot

Keep us updated as your journey continues.....

So would you say that the JWs are your tradition (fellowship, routine, culture..... etc) rather than your faith (ie Christ is your mediator, son of God)?

Yknot.......of the still attending class.

• wobble
    wobble

I read what Perimeno has to say and was not impressed, he starts from the premise that the WTB$ /JW's is an organization that Almighty God has some kind of interest in or contact with.

I would need SOME proof that it is God's Organization, even God's Organization gone wrong , like the Israelites, before I would lookat it again.

It is my belief that it NEVER was God's Org. and never will be.

Love

Wobble

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Well put wobble,

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Hi TE,

Thank you for a beautiful post. I hope you find peace. Yknot's question was so on the mark: "So would you say that the JWs are your tradition (fellowship, routine, culture..... etc) rather than your faith (ie Christ is your mediator, son of God)?"

For those who remain non-Trinitarians the effort to find a religious "fellowship, routine, culture" is difficult. Returning to the JW meetings is not an easy thing though but if it brings you peace then I wish all peace and all comfort in the spirit of God and that you may find ways to give your brothers what we all sorely need, love and friendship. Jesus walked about with friends and enemies. He gave comfort to his friends and reproof to his enemies. Those who return to the JWs cannot give direct reproof to their enemies without being put out but they can give comfort to their friends. It is that effort, giving comfort to their friends, that makes the return worthwhile. And in so doing they also indirectly reprove their enemies who have taught the friends that those who leave are apostates and no longer love Jehovah. This of course is a lie.

Jehovah's blessing on you!

• Borgia
    Borgia

eh .... the problem lies in the premise that there is a God who takes an interest. Let alone an interest in an organisation like the JW ......

The problem here is the lacking of explicite and veriviable evidence of a being outside of nature existing ....

till then .... have fun at the meetings ....

Cheers

Borgia

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Both Perimeno and Robert King have similar viewpoints. They're good steppingstones for people who just can't come to grips with the fact that they've been living a complete lie as JWs. It lets us feel like we've been living only partial lies and that the WT, while deeply flawed, is as wobble says, "an organization that Almighty God has some kind of interest in or contact with."

That said, I also think there are some prophetic insights to be gained from reading their materials. Where the WT applies God's judgments to Christendom and the rest of "the world empire of false religion" and Perimeno and King apply those judgments primarily to the WT org, holding both views up to the light and looking through them gives me the perspective that God is going to judge every organization on earth and that those who claim to be his people (which is pretty much every organized religious faith) will come under especial scrutiny.

So there's value there if one still believes in God and the Bible and an imminent modern day fulfillment of prophecies. Just don't take them as gospel any more than anything else on the Internet.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Seems like more sleight of hand to me:

Misdirection (don't pay attention to the stuff that's wrong, it's just not important) and selective belief (they got some stuff right...ok, if so, so what?)

When you come to a crossroads of releasing yourself from the bonds of emotional slavery versus running headlong back into them, your choice is to grow up and get better or continue in an addiction.

Just my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit