Will my pet lion die?

by peacedog 23 Replies latest jw friends

• peacedog
    peacedog

Hey just wondering, when I get my pet lion in the New System,™ am I going to have to suffer the loss of my beloved pet?

I recently lost my pet and being an animal lover, let me tell you, I took it pretty hard. Lots of "tears" along with plenty of "mourning" and "outcry" and "pain"...

The WT$ has promised that "tears" and "mourning" and "outcry" and "pain" will NOT EXIST in the New System.™ But if I have to endure the loss of my pet lion, well I can PROMISE plenty of each.

Anyone else ever think about this as a jw? Has God's Channel™ ever addressed it?

In all sincerity, (and this question plagued me even as a kid) how can it be considered "perfect" and "paradise" if people are constantly in depressive funks over the loss of their pet friends?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I seriously asked this question when I was a kid.....I remember that the grown ups laughed at me !

In reality , since it is never going to happen, the question is of course superfluous...However, I am sure that I read somewhere in the 'tower that 'Jehovah has never promised eternal life to the animal kingdom'

Go figure.....

• peacedog
    peacedog

BB: Yeah I'm pretty sure animals are scheduled to die in "paradise" too. I remember asking the question as a kid too. As usual with these sorts of things, I was the only one that seemed bothered by it.

I'm surprised more dubs don't ask the question though. Like I said, how could it be "perfect" or "paradise" when someone somewhere is always grieving the loss of their pet?

How can tears, mourning, outcry, and pain be said to be gone when, well, they're not?

Hmm, maybe paradise is only open to heartless bastards who won't grieve the loss of their non-jw relatives let alone their pets. Oh wait. That's right. It is.

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest

and peace to you... is why would you want a PET lion? Why couldn't the lions... and tigers... and whatever other animals there are just, well... BE? Like the people: FREE?

Since there won't be "domestic" AND "wild" beasts... but just beasts... why should we want to have any as our "property"? Because that is what a "pet" is: the property of the human that cares for it. Usually for companionship or entertainment. Such thinking, however, is truly human... and fleshly. What if the tables were to be turned, that they would have the privilege of possessing us? Were that the case, I would wager that they would endeavor to take better care of us than we have of them.

In the kingdom of God... NO living thing, regardless of its KIND... is POSSESSED by another, dear one. And none will need the care of another... regardless of its kind. Right now, animals... both domestic and wild... are in subjection to man. That is NOT because man is superior, however, but because we are DIFFERENT: we have physical capabilities that they don't have. In particular, the capability of oral speech. Because they don't possess such capability and are, therefore, dumb (mute), "we" very often view them as "dumb" as well. That, however, is not entirely the case, as any pet owner will tell you. True, a dog may not develop much past the mental capabilities of a toddler, but most toddlers aren't as smart as most dogs.

My advice? Enjoy your dear pets now... but perhaps you can start thinking of them as fellow fleshly BEINGS... living, breathing and, in many cases, THINKING beings, albeit of a different KIND, that DO need our care now... but SPIRIT beings what WON'T need our care... and won't exist for our personal companionship, entertainment, work... or food... then.

Oh, and to answer your question, no: there will be no death. For "man" OR beast.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

peacedog,

Don't fret, when your old pet lion dies, you can get a new pet lion... which will eat the remains of your old pet lion... just like nothing has ever changed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good point. How many lost lion pets would it take to give up on having pets? Ten, 100, 1000?

S

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Pets wont die in the imaginary world of ever lasting Paradise, either will your family and friends.

I can think of a thousand more things that I'd like to see happen in my imaginary world of a Paradise.

One would be no more corrupt bullshitting religious publishing companies like the Watchtower Society !

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don`t worry about your Pet Lion dieing.

Because..

It`s going Eat You!

But..Don`t worry..

..Because..

You will be Resurrected in the New System..

Get another Pet Lion..

And..

it will Eat you!..

But..Don`t worry..

..Because..

You will be Resurrected in the New System..

Get another Pet Lion..

And..

it will Eat you!..

ECT..Ect..ect..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• peacedog
    peacedog

Thanks for the comments.

AGuest: where I said "pet" please read "friend".

Billy, Satanus, Outlaw: I think I'll name my second lion Fluffy II. After that, I'll go with Fluffy III.......

• AGuest
    AGuest

Cool - LOL! And the answer stands: you will not suffer such a loss ever again.

Again, peace to you... and thanks for understanding - !

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit