Dec. 15th WT - WT Skewed View of Love- Preach, Die, Suffer, Help our Own

by flipper 31 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

LOL Flipper !

Now tell me again HOW IN THE WORLD that benefits the witnesses who died

Not entirely on the point but it struck me many years ago as I went from house to house with a mag that had a picture of a starving Asian child in it. I thought "What is Armageddon going to do for them? Ten to one they are Buddhist or Hindu or something...all they , and others like them are going to get is blasted by a thunderbolt from the Almighty.

As Flipper put it so succinctly "Woop de frikking - do ."

In contrast, Bob Geldorf presented someone at the "Live 8 concert " in recent years, She was a girl whose picture had been used in the "Live Aid" campaign 20 years previously. Now she was grown , educated and an attractive young woman, all due to the practical help of "worldlings, when at that time I had been peddling Watchtowers from door to door , believing it to be the "real answer"

• boyzone
    boyzone

This paragraph you make a superb point Mr Flip

Now in regard to " suffering " we notice what they call in psychology - total projection in these next quotes about " enduring persecution". It states in paragraph 17, " When opposition comes upon individual Christians from family members , it is quite different. Stress may be caused by members of the household or immediate relatives. Did not Jesus foretell this would take place ? Yes, and many have experienced the truthfulness of his words. Teenagers have endured opposition from unbelieving parents . Some have even been ordered out of the home, but they were TAKEN IN BY KINDLY WITNESSES . Others have been disowned. What enabled such ones to endure mistreatment ? Not just their love for the brotherhood but, above all, their genuine love for Jehovah and his Son. " Interesting. Sounds curiously like what ex-witnesses endure in shunning treatment and disownings by Jehovah's Witness relatives doesn't it ? Many of us have been taken in by KINDLY NON-WITNESSES after exiting the mind control cult. So- enough said about projection, you get the point.

...can't speak...too angry for words

• flipper
    flipper

BLUES BROTHER- Good point you make. So true that with a little " real love " or " real help " from non-witness volunteer organizations that some of these down and out people CAN be helped in the real world. But in countries where JW's have been killed already , just because the numbers of publishers have INCREASED in those countries - I just don't see HOW at all that assists those who died already ! The WT society calls it " their sacrifice " - I call it " murder " allowed by the WT society.

Isn't it interesting that governments also call deaths of their soldiers as a " sacrifice " ? The WT society uses that same language. It disgusts me how little they value their own members lives.

BOYZONE- Very true. I hate the leaders of the WT society and Jehovah's Witness cult because they don't value the lives of their members AT ALL. Believe me - If I had the power and $$$$$ I would launch a rocket launcher right up some of the leaders a$$ and send them on a journey to outer space of which they'd never return

• 1914BS
    1914BS
    " their endurance was rewarded" . How so ? Well, when " persecution broke out there were about 18,000 witnesses in Malawi , now there are 38,393. "

http://www.objectivistcenter.org/showcontent.aspx?ct=95&h=51

Bechtel: Oh, absolutely. As a matter of fact, I got to be God, in that sense. That letterhead and that stamp of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society meant it was infallible; it was from God. Once that rubber stamp went on that stationary and it was mailed, it changed people's lives.
    There were people who lived and people who died based on what we wrote. For example, in the small nation of Malawi, Africa (in the 1960s,) the ruler was a Dr. Banda. Dr. Banda required everyone in his country to carry a political card. They had a one-party system in Malawi of which he was the leader, but he wanted everybody in the nation to carry a party card. Well, Jehovah's Witnesses refused, and as a result of their refusal to carry this plastic, many of them were killed. So, just an organizational decision like that caused people to lose their lives.

thenks flipper for showing that the WT is a mind control cult

• flipper
    flipper

1914 BS- Thanks. I think I take it as a personal responsibility to expose how much of a cult the WT society is because as you mention- decisions the leaders hand down to members cause people to lose their lives. So as long as I have breath in this body of mine - I will continue to expose it and shout it from the rooftops if I need to. I feel very strongly about this , which is interesting as I was trapped 44 years in the witness cult. Maybe THAT'S why I feel so strongly about exposing it

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up for some who might want to comment who missed it. Thanks, Peace out , Mr. Flipper

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

Has anyone ever done a christian apologetic of love toward this skewed view of love?

• flipper
    flipper

MY STRUGGLE- If you could reword your question please so I understand it a little better perhaps ? Thanks. What do you mean exactly about " anyone ever done a Christian apologetic of love toward this skewed view of love. " I'm not understanding your meaning. Thanks

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

Has anyone ever presented a well thought out argument defending the christian concept of love against the WTS view on love.

Is that better? :$

• flipper
    flipper

MY STRUGGLE- Thanks, that's a lot clearer . Yes- There have been many varied points brought up on this board concerning how unchristian Jehovah's Witnesses act as compared to Christian's in perhaps non-denominational religions. My wife who was raised Catholic ( got out as a teenager ) has been amazed at the lack of love shown in the Jehovah's Witness cult. In fact she always asks, " How can they call themselves Christian ? " when she sees the shunning policies, child abuse, no blood transfusions, preventing young people from going to college, etc. My wife thinks Jehovah's Witnesses use Christianity as a marketing tool. Everything about the witnesses screams CULT , not love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit