Faithful and Discreet Slave

by stillin 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

stillin,

I think the answer is visible when comparing the "faithful and discreet slave" to the "evil slave". Who is who? Well, the one acting faithfully and discreetly is the faithful and discreet slave. The one acting evilly... er, wickedly... is the evil slave. So, how have you been behaving? What kind of a slave are you?

But then, don't go by what I would say. Since a few verses earlier, Jesus is speaking about Noah and the flood being real, I don't put much stock in the overall subject matter here, just the overall thought of behaving in a responsible and caring way that would please a loving deity... just in case one really shows up one day.

• stillin
    stillin

exactly!

I'm not deep. I thought I was, once. but just to be responsible for myself and to care about others is turning out to be almost more than I can handle. Who can be so vain as to appoint himself responsible for the worldwide assortment of God's people? It's huge! I can hardly recommend any course of thought to another person. We're all so different.

Sure, according to the Bible, God has always had an "organization" through whom He operates. But He has also always searched the hearts of men (and women!) and found worthy ones like Job, outside His established network. I would hope, at the least, to have been of some service to some greater cause and to have my life to be one worth remembrance in the greater scheme of things.

At this point, I wonder whether there is any "established" organization. It all seems corrupted...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

stillin,

Actually, when you look at the history of what was supposed to be God's organization, it alway fell into corruption and disobedience. The ancient Israel kingdom and priesthood were mostly unrighteous with occasional "good guys". It was the "rebellious prophets" that would appear to try to get the nation back on track. Supposedly the same in the first century with the increasing bad guys and the "apostate church" taking over until Chuck Russell appear with his pyramid inch tape measure and illuminated the world with his amazing prophecies and Miracle Wheat.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

stillin,

I think you and I are struggling with the same issues right now. Thanks for posting this thread, I hope more people give their thoughts on it, too.

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

I want to follow on from what Billys said here. And, again, its to do with misapplied scripture. "You are my witnesses", we all know this one, but is it really applied to the wbts? I think, when jehovah spoke these words, he was speaking to a minority of Men that were used in declaring his words and judicial judgements against a somewhat unruly and wayward nation, and we learn in Hebrews 11 how these loyal witnesses were treated. These being part of what would make up the faithful slaves, they were sterling examples, and indeed a great cloud of witnesses to look up to. And in Matthew 23, Christ spoke how in the latter parts of the days he would raise up prophets and apostles that would call out the evils of the pharisees of the time we live in now, and how these would be like snakes that would bite them.

JWs say they are these witnesses of whom Jehovah is speaking of, but is that really so? For why would he use a people wayward and bad, and who prophesy falsely, and do all sorts of wicked things in his name? Jesus even said, that Jerusalem was the murderer and stoner of the prophets, and it hasnt changed that much. And Jesus said in Matthew 23 how the pharisees traverse land and sea to make converts like them, and when they do, make them twice as much a subject for gehenna-wouldnt you agree that the self appointed slave has done this today? and through the evil work of this very slave, the lie is perpetuated.

This faithful class are men outside of that ring, like Amos, who, in his own words, was ripped away from the sheepfold to do Gods work, these men are on the fringe, and these faithful and discreet men, are just that, faithful and discreet, and they call out Jehovahs judgements, but in a spirit of truth, and they will suffer for it.

The faithful slave, like the remnant of the 14400, they know who they are, and we are yet to see them rise as we go into the 7 year cycle time of tribulation, which becomes worse at the 2nd half, this being the great tribulation.

Robert King says that the forth coming King of Babylon conquers and destroys the holy ones? We know that the last two witnesses of this remant will be killed off, but Paul, in two places, even christ in Matt 24, tells us that some will still be alive just before Armageddon comes, but at the sounding of that last trumpet, both those asleep of this remnant, and those still alive, rise in an instant to Christ and to their thrones. And King, still encourages people to remain in the organisation????? really odd logic??

It may very well be that the 144000 and the Faithful and discreet class are two classes of servant, as the 144000 are sealed within seal 7 just before the destruction begins at trumpet 1, and the FDS is rewarded at the conclusion. The 144000 are heavenly, and the FDS appear to be earthly, and the true FDS may be the ones that lead 144000 to christs marriage, we still have to wait and see.

There are many faithful men on here, on this board, and you can see that in their writing and posts, people like former bethel man Billy, Jeff etc who, in the light of speaking truth have suffered needlessly, but believe me, your reward is great, and according to the opening chapters in Revelation, those who insulted you, those being in the congregation of Satan, those will be forced to come to you and bow down before you, just as the three false comforters, in the end, were forced to come and bow down before Job.

The remnant of the 144000 are here now, as are the FDS, and they know who they are, the bible is written especially for them, its just a matter of time in waiting for them to be activated and to show themselves.

Keep on the watch, stay awake, and dont be mislead.

I am sorry now I wasted so many years of my life, and sacraficed so much for this mob, but that was the wake up call, I am glad it happend, and a special note to chris (black sheep), dont worry, I am in no church, no desire to be a slave again of any man, for where the is no fear, there is only love, and besides, jesus said call no man on earth father, teacher, rabbi etc, for one master there is. So, I am ok chris, I am really glad, and not looking for a new Guv, or prison, for I have been there already, but like Christ, the last two prophets to come, will open the eyes of the blind, and set those that are held captive free, these are the true elijah that is to come before Jehovahs fear inspiring day, and not the wbts. These really will be the faithful and discreet servants of Jehovah, that stand before him and speak his word of truth and life, and who, according to Daniel, will act with insight and will lead may back to Jehovah.

Stay Blessed, remain safe.

NLHC

• Chalam
    Chalam

At this point, I wonder whether there is any "established" organization. It all seems corrupted...

Not in the sense of a religion, organisation or denomination. That said, God is building something

Matthew 16:18 (English Standard Version)

18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The church is anyone who is on the rock and loves Jesus. Jesus is the bridegroom of the church after all :)

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit