Faithful and Discreet Slave

by stillin 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

I came to know one of these "faithful and discreet slave "

• stillin
    stillin

thanks, Billy. I stand corrected. But it seems all the more unseemly that ONLY the verse in Matthew is used, very likely for the reasons you present. I would think that the pubs would be grasping at straws to "firmly establish" the scriptural support for the placing of a faithful and discreet slave in the last days. Their existence seems to be a "given fact." Never question this. Only death awaits those that question...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

For Watchtower Corporation, establishing the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", well, at least the words are there... once.

"Governing Body". Now that is totally and completely contrived. Not in the Bible in word or concept. They use the entire weight of their authority to get the r&f to believe that there was and is supposed to be some GB. "Organization", not in there either.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Without one verse in Mt 24:45, Jehovah's Witnesses and the hiearchy behind it would not exist.

Whether JW's ever consider that verse as such doesn't matter. It is very powerful as far as bible exegesis and JW's are concerned.

One verse gone out of the bible, and the GB goes bye bye.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

If it were only that simple Jeff...

One verse gone out of the bible, and the GB goes bye bye.

*sigh*........... frustrating isn't it?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Yup lilllith. Amazing what you will believe when you pull the circuit breaker on your brain....

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Stillin,

thanks, Stephen. It sounds like you've done some thinking. While i'm here, I wanted to tell you that I appreciate your Christian perspective here.

Many thanks-my pleasure.

My advise is to keep reading the bible and ask the Holy Spirit to give you more insights!

Keep us posted as to what you find :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    "The scripture about the FDS is found in Jesus description of the last days in Matthew 24. Not in Mark 13, nor Luke 21. Those other writers didn't consider it important enough to include it in their writings."

Luke 12:42,43: "Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food at the proper time? Happy is that slave, if his master on arriving finds him doing so!"

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Dear friends, Luke 12 really does say it all, and when we read this, we find that the slave is only "called". 10 are called. But, this is not literal. It is the complete number of slaves that will be used from the time of Christs departure from this earth until he received his kingship and final return. The number could be 10, 1000, 100000, we dont know, but its just the number christ needs to do his work from time of his departure until he would arrive again at the very conclusion. And, on that return, those slaves that were called, are called to give an account, some will obviously be faithful and receive a reward based on that faithful service, some will be beaten severely and thrown outside with the remainder of the hypocrites, and some beaten with fewer strokes. So, this whole notion of the wbts being that slave is false, as that slave has not been appointed yet, and receives no such appointment until the end, and even so, to be appointed over all the things, he must be really exceptional, and I thin k we all agree, that the wbts are in no way exceptional, and have in no way acted like a br of Christ in their dealings with their fellow slaves, and their reward can only be one of that of the reward the wicked slave receives. And the modern faithful slave must call out all he sees, he is a modern day watchman, and he must preach in spirit and in truth, and preach to everyone for what is about to come.

The wbts maintain this to be christendom, but that just cannot be, as they have been apostate since inception, but this wicked slave, he is like our man judas, and the wicked slave is a modern day one.

Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21

The Books of Daniel, Ezekiel and Revelation

Appointment of the faithful slave

These are still all future, but near, and all fall into one time span and category, its sad how millions have fallen prey to the teachings of this mob.

And congregations in the time of Paul etc, were just house churches, a place were people met to discuss the holy writings and to be up built. Just small groups.

Satan really has worked a fly one, and has duped millions, and the wbts is just another one of his mainstream religions, and he has even used Jehovahs name, as well as that of Christ to dupe millions, for the good news of the kingdom is still future and falls inside the Matthew 24 time slot, and this is to be preached by the true slaves, the ones who, like elijah and moses, will lead all kinds of men back to Jehovah before the end time begins, which begins after the call of peace goes forward, then like the 10 plagues which afflicted ancient egypt, the bowls of Gods wrath will then be poured out on the last king and all those that received his mark.

Maybe you will think that this is extreme to say that the wbts is a tool of Satan, but remember how this guy thinks.

And, it might be, that until now, that the real desirable things of all the nations are being rocked brought out, the ones crying out, the ones telling out the very truth, even in the face of extreme predjudice and persecution, and that means some of you.........some of you, could very well be the holy ones of God.

Special thanks to Billy and Jeff

• stillin
    stillin

can't help but wonder...

who, really. IS this faithful and discreet slave? Am I being fed this "food at the proper time" by the wtbs or by somebody else... somebody less obvious, even a composite "somebody" comprised of (gasp!) even some of the ones posting on an apostate site like this!!!

Since Jesus posed it as a question, shouldn't I be asking the same question?

I wouldn't be so foolish as to think that all posts here are "wise" or divinely inspired, dam, some of you all go so far as to mock the inconsistencies in the Bible, way beyond me to judge one way or the other. But, no denying that there is some plain old good sense being made here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit