• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I can watch this movie and never tire of it

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Reminds me of my personal Exodus. "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin"

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Loved it. I could watch it again and again.

Another great one is "The green Mile" with Tom Hanks..

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

What was the line after he crawled through 100 of yards of shit?

• Chalam
    Chalam

I can watch this movie and never tire of it

Same here :)

What was the line after he crawled through 100 of yards of shit?

Not sure, he washed himself in the river and stood up like Christ being crucified. Red gave this account

Red: [narrating] In 1966, Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank prison. All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I used to think it would take six-hundred years to tunnel under the wall with it. Old Andy did it in less than twenty. Oh, Andy loved geology. I guess it appealed to his meticulous nature. An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big god-damned poster. Like I said, in prison a man will do anything to keep his mind occupied. It turns out Andy's favorite hobby was totin' his wall through the exercise yard, a handful at a time. I guess after Tommy was killed, he decided he had been here just about long enough. Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine. The guard simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes? Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.

Blessings, Stephen
  • glenster
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

Red: [narrating] Andy Dufresne - who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

That's a great movie. The character "Brooks" Hatlen always reminds me of my grandpa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit