a "Blood" experience...

by AwSnap 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• teel
    teel
    Is taking in tissue via transplant the same thing as taking in tissue via eating? Of course not. Only an absolute moron would seriously believe that instructions involving diet would pertain to surgery.

I think this is why organ transplants were coined as "cannibalistic" - they were trying to be consistent. If one can't eat the meat of a human being then by the same argument they use for blood he can't accept organ transplant either.

• TD
    TD
    I was only using their terms!

I know. That wasn't directed at you ---Sorry.

There's a tendency in the XJW community to argue the issue from the standpoint of fractions. --Basically saying, "You JW's think you abstain from blood, but you really don't."

I don't disagree with that, but sometimes I can't resist pointing out that this argument doesn't address the more basic flaw in their reasoning

• sir82
    sir82

pure curiosity - if these societies are so secret, and their secrets are so secret, and people are afraid to reveal on pain of death, how do people manage to write books openly on the internet revealing the secrets of secret societies?

It's a Bilderberger / Illuminati / Freemason / Lizard-eyed alien / House of Windsor / Trilateral Commission / Federal Reserve / Black Helicopter Pilot / FEMA conspiracy. They plant false stories on the internet to throw people off track. The real secrets are still hidden.

[/hijack]

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

And I'm angered that Witnesses are allowed to take the blood fractions that others have so kindly donated. Yet they refuse to donate blood.

I bet there are loads of examples where they don't mind benefitting from a source that they refuse to donate to...have JWs benefitted from 'The Red Cross' during disasters?

• jam
    jam

creativhoney/awsnap

the point I was trying to make..With both groups, their truths they teach are wrong..

EXAMPLE, the JW veiw on blood..When I stated you can not be one of us if you do not

except what we teach as truth, what I was saying they want you to except lies to

be A member. That is why I am no longer A JW or A mason.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Ahhhhh, I get it now. Just for those who commented on organ transplanting, I brought this up in another thread & some great articles were mentioned. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/182814/1/Organ-Transplants-HELP

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Try telling that to any JW that they are actually getting blood and it you will not get a response. Brain dead! Well, I did exactly that...guess what happened...? They pulled out the Reasoning Book and showed the different types of fractions of fractions of fractions there are and showed how the Governing Body says it's a conscience matter for each individual. My reply in a nutshell was: BUT ITS STILL BLOOD & there is no other way (according to the NURSE FROM THE BLOOD TRANSFUSION UNIT) to get these fractions & the Governing Body says it's okay to do it. Their reply: The Governing Body does NOT sayyyyyy it's okay to take these fractions. Do you see anywhere here where they sayyyy it's okay? I made some kind of laughing/exasperated noise and said C'MON ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ......For Real....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Brain dead. Then again, a seed may have been planted. We shall see.

• halcyon
    halcyon

"Abstain from Christmas!"

Okay, so but it would be okay for me to put white lights all over my house in the wintertime? And I can hum the tunes of songs like "Silent Night" and "O Little Town Of Bethlehem" (maybe not sing the words, though, that would be too big of a fraction) ... hang red and green ribbon and tinsel on my bannister? Exchange star and tree-shaped cookies (maybe leave the little colored dots off the trees, though) with my neighbors? Oh and I want to give gifts. Maybe wrap in red and green paper ... it's just a choice of color, a very small little thing...

These are just pieces and parts of a whole. It's not like I'm CELEBRATING or anything....

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

LoL, halcyon...

By the way, I have a correction to make from 2 comments above: I thought the information came from the Reasoning book, but it actually came from "Keep Yourselves In God's Love", pgs 215-218

However, I DID look up the Reasoning Book information on blood and here's what it has to say:

pg. 71

Animal

Blood
    flesh may be eaten,but not the Blood

Gen. 9:3, 4: “Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to you. Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.”

Any animal used for food should be properly bled. One that is strangled or that dies in a trap or that is found after it has died is not suitable for food. (Acts 15:19, 20; compare Leviticus 17:13-16.) Similarly, any food to which whole blood or even some blood fraction has been added should not be eaten.

pg. 73 Is a transfusion really the same as eating blood?

In a hospital, when a patient cannot eat through his mouth, he is fed intravenously. Now, would a person who never put blood into his mouth but who accepted blood by transfusion really be obeying the command to “keep abstaining from . . . blood”? (Acts 15:29) To use a comparison, consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will keep pushing this issue with my jw...this is rediculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit