Article: Will Jehovah’s Witnesses Abandon Brooklyn Heights?

by dutchstef 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The society has already stated they will move out of NYC. And their actions are backing this up... so I'm not sure why there is still a question about this.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I guess if they really had the gift of prophecy they would have known what to do several years ago. I can only judge by their behavior that they really do not expect the 'end' any time soon. They plan for the future so why shouldn't the average JW? It is a classic case of do as I say not as I do.

Dissed,

I also would not be surprised if the religion has plans to do what you mentioned about having its own university like other religions you mentioned. I think the JW religion will not survive if it does not go more mainstream. They are resisting this because it would be a defeat for them because they pride themselves on being different just for the sake of being different.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They have painted themselves into a corner. They're stuck in their own . . . .

• sir82
    sir82
    I also would not be surprised if the religion has plans to do what you mentioned about having its own university like other religions you mentioned.

The mind reels.

Imagine how impressive a degree in archaeology or biology from Watchtower U. would be!

• Ri
    Ri

As the old GB die off////new thinkers will come in and actually destroy the JWs as we know them

• JWoods
    JWoods

I can remember as far back as the 1960s many of the senior local leaders were asking why in the world the Society was so stubborn that Brooklyn was the one and only place that they could accomplish the printing activities. Always this location was a real problem because of crime, congestion, high real estate cost, etc.

The classic WT answer as given by the COs was that "Brooklyn is the best place on Earth to ship the magazines worldwide". As if there were no such thing as railroads, air cargo, long haul trucking, etc.

The "Farm" was another such fantasy - that they could sort of grow their own food at far less cost than grocery wholesale...just pure fantasy.

I think all this was done to feed somebodies (probably Nathan Homer Knorr) ego and sense of grandeur.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes, and 50 years later one of the new owners will do some construction work and find a bunch of bodies embedded in the concrete laid down by the WTS.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Yes the famous Brooklyn properties and the sign above the building that they so promote, "Read the Bible", will be no more.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Yes, and 50 years later one of the new owners will do some construction work and find a bunch of bodies embedded in the concrete laid down by the WTS.

Sheesh - elsewhere, why did you have to go and reveal the true burial place of da Judge Rutherfore?
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

It's all to throw you off track. The people at the top of the heirarchy are going to Africa. The GB and others do not even know what's up. They will go to Wakill and be isolated and stranded when "the end comes."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit