GOOGLE EARTH

by snowbird 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• snowbird
    snowbird

A dear poster introduced me to this wondrous tool on yesterday.

I had no idea that you could enter an address and actually get a picture (not a diagram) of the area.

This is awesome and scary!

Agreed?

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover

I love Google Earth. I even got the app for my iphone.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well, blow me down!

Sylvia

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Love it...use it a lot for work.

• Farkel
    Farkel

wait 'till you try the street view. For the past several years, Google has sent cars all over the USA, each one equipped with 6 cameras taking pictures as they drive up and down EVERY street in America!. I was able to "walk" past my old high school, "look" across the street at the burger joint we used to visit when I attended; did the same with a house I lived in from elementary school through high school.

All the pictures are taken at eye level, so it really feels like you ARE walking down the street.

I don't think this program is yet finished, but there are large parts of the USA where you can use the street view.

Farkel

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am simply astounded!

I entered my sister-in-law's address in Stone Mountain, Georgia.

I saw her house, the neighbor's house, and the lake on which their subdivision borders.

I had no idea!

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Big brother is watching you.

• undercover
    undercover

The street view is great. If I'm going somewhere where I'm not familiar with where I'm going, I'll use the street view to get a feel for the location and see what the building at the address looks like before going.

It's funny to see my house on there with my car parked out front and then go see where I work and see my car parked there as well.

Another cool feature is the 3D buildings. Go to New York or London or Paris or any big city and view all the historical and high rise buildings in 3D. Click on the building and information about the building will pop up.

• undercover
    undercover

If you think Google Earth is scary, you have to know the governments have even more powerful tools at their disposal...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ain't that the truth?

I entered my address and saw my daughter's pickup in the yard!

LOL.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit