Dealing with JW anger

by loosie 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• wobble
    wobble

I agree with all the good advice above, seize the day ! Live for now and your future.

Speaking personally, I hope the anger does not go away altogether, it gives me impetus to oppose the W.T whenever the opportunity arises.

But the corrosive anger I felt at first has gone, they are not that important.

Love

Wobble

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I was angry for about 13 years until I saw Bill Bowen and Barbara Anderson on Dateline. Then I found the Silent Lambs website and eventually JWD, now JWN. I worked that anger out by helping others who are Watchtower victims. When you see the results, it's hard to stay angry. Love conquers all. I've reached out to so many people on line, and it does my heart good to see them progress out of the "truth". One young man, CS the Apostate on You Tube and Candlesurgeon on JWN and JWS is like a son to me. He calls me every few weeks to let me know how he's doing. And he makes videos that help others who are newly out of the cult.

Bill Bowen and Barbara Anderson freed my mind from the Watchtower cult, so I paid it forward. I helped others, and they pay it forward. It's pretty cool when you think about it.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

That is awesome jamiebowers! Thanks for sharing the "good news" with us.

It is a great feeling to truly help someone!

Keep up the great work!!

The Oracle

• sacolton
    sacolton

Just laugh it off ...

• loosie
    loosie

Thank you all for your comments. Maybe I am expecting too much too soon, it's been 4 years since I started to leave. I only have 2 friends who are still in. I only communicate with them through email. I'd be happy if they left the WT too.

A lot of my depression has left since I started school. It really helps to have a goal.

I guess it does put things into persepctive that the JW group is pretty small on the worlds radar. But I guess I never thought of them that way because they were so big to me. But I have meet some people in KS who don't know what a JW is!!!! LOL imagine that.

• I discovered
    I discovered

Hi loosie,

I struggle with anger off and on too. I'm glad to hear that you are in school. It is a good place to find new friends,

esp. the ones who don't know what a JW is!

Hang in there

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((loosie)))

It's normal to feel angry after leaving the cult. Anger is a normal reaction to abnormal circumstances. Rest assured, you are on the right track. A few semesters will go by and you will look back and see a lot of progress and growth on your part. Keep anchoring yourself to those realizations. Time is a great healer!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit