A few items of business

by Heartbreaker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I ordered both of Franz books, and have received just by dumb luck the CoC first, and will start reading it tonight. My husband hates to read, and I could spend every waking moment doing so, so I have committed to reading the book aloud to him, and we will do so in the evenings for as long as it takes to go through the whole thing, and then start on the 2nd. I couldn't be more excited.

Also, I've decided to start looking into getting my RN degree, I've always thought I'd be good at it, and it should follow me if I decide to move, nurses are needed everywhere. Is that a crazy insane thing to take on? Just tell me I can do it. Thank you in advance.

My husband was talking to his mother this morning and he asked her about the 607 thing...said that it never made sense to him, and he knew that she prided herself on having it all down to (cough) a science, and she agreed to put it all to paper, logically and specifically so it would be easy to understand. I can not WAIT to see the result. Of course she and his whole entire family won't speak to me, because I'm the Jezebel Whore that took their son away from Jehovah, but I trust he will share it with me after she is finished with it. Any bets as to what she will say? Hopefully I can come to you good people here to refute it.

• greenie
    greenie

Of course you can do it! Nursing is a great idea and will help you provide for your family and join a stable career field. Great idea!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Just tell me I can do it.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Any bets as to what she will say?

7 times = .... never mind.

Sylvia

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My bet is that she will either forget to do it for you or will come back with a discussion on some other way of working out her 607.

Congratulations for getting her to want to take on the challenge. Now you just have to try and keep her on the subject. My family are all very slippery. At the moment they have all opted for forgetfulness.

Cheers

Chris

• Awen
    Awen

You can dooo eeeet!!

As far as the whole date thing goes, I suspect she'll try figuring it out first and then when she cannot make sense of it, will either A) Conveniently forget about it or B) copy down word for word the whole WTS teaching (as confusing and misleading as it is) and say "there ya go"

• dgp
    dgp

Heartbreaker, I am happy that you're reading. I hope your husband will get the point as well.

Though I don't personally own it, I understand that "The Gentile Times Reconsidered", by Carl Olof Jonsson, is a book that disproves whatever the society says about 607 B.C. It was that book that convinced Ray Franz that the society was wrong in that regard. Maybe that would be a good purchase, too.

Ray Franz's books are good for everyone who calls himself or herself a Christian, or even for an atheist who wants to really understand what Christianity should be like. You won't be disappointed.

I can't wait for you to let us know that you're finally free. Ray will help you a lot in that regard. I believe that the world hasn't thanked the man enough for what he has done.

Give a hug to your children from me.

• dgp
  • Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Snowbird, Black Sheep and Greenie...I wrote out this long email thanking and commenting to each of you, and it's just gone. Poof. Oh well, I'll recap, thanks for the support...are any of you in the medical/nursing field? I'm so freakin scared to just jump already.

As for the 607 thing, she prides herself on being a bible scholar, and since I'm termed the Jezebel Whore, I'm sure she is all about getting that written out to show her son how wrong he is to be with me, and he'll see the (ever increasing) light and get away from me, once she proves it all true.

DGP - thank you too for your link and your kind replies, on this and my other thread. I haven't gotten a chance to go over and reread on comment on things there, but did read and appreciate the loving replies. Indeed my children are overhugged, but what the heck. I'll throw another in there for ya.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Also, I've decided to start looking into getting my RN degree .... Just tell me I can do it. Thank you in advance.

You can do it. No thanks necessary. I'm an aging baby-boomer. My generation needs all the nurses it can get.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Parakeet, I'd be honored :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit