Are you an 'Ex Witness' or just you?

by creativhoney 32 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I just wondered how people feel about this? - do some only mix with other ex witnesses a couple of my friends, and it seems that by definition, they are 'ex witnesses' almost like a religion in itself. - I would never define myself as an 'ex employee of xxx' as you leave it behind it doesnt define you. - it does people good to make friends on the basis of who they are not who they were. - I mean its nice to have some friends who have been in similar circumstances, but not all of your friends? I think it can be unhealthy - but this is only my view and I would be interested in others.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Being an exjw is part of what makes me who I am. But I have friends from all walks of life.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

of course all our past is part of who we are, but I am saying are some completely defined by it? thats what I am asking.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I hope to be xxjw one day.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

One of my favorite things to ponder, personally.

For me, I call myself a former JW. I will be through with being an ex JW when you don't see me post on these boards anymore.... I will have moved on.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

And I don't let that define me. I rarely tell people that I was a JW, because I don't want them to see me that way. Do I ultimately care if they know? Not really. I just don't share that. I say that I was part of a fundamentalist religion with my ex and leave it at that.

While I obviously enjoy pounding away at the keyboard with you fine folk, in person, with those who weren't a JW and couldn't possibly understand, I don't share a whole lot about my religious past.

Hell, I was an elder and a missionary. I try to spare most people the weirdness of my story.... That is why I am trying to move on...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was raised in the Mind F*ck Cult Religion,Jehovah`s Witness`s..

I did`nt have a choice..

Am I an ex -JW?..

I`m an ex JW Kid..

At one time I knew no other life..

Now that I`m an Adult..

I`m grateful to be out!..

................ ...OUTLAW

• dinah
    dinah
    those who weren't a JW and couldn't possibly understand

Yep. I have moved on too. I just feel compelled to come back here because it's almost like we "grew up together" if that makes any sense.

• trueblue
  • Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Hard question! I am just me, but when I start talking to people, then you get onto family, then it gets a bit hard.

"Yes, I have two sons, and three grandsons."

So, where to they live?

"Well, I don't really know"

Oh, why not?

"Well, they're Jehovahs Witnesses and don't talk to me"!

Then the real questions start!!!! Good anti-witness, though!

But apart from that, I've moved on, got a degree, great job, great partner.

Beachwalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit