PO says: "Don't say you are a JW, tell them you are with an educational foundation if they ask"

by MinisterAmos 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Seriously, PO needs to be told to call WTS Legal Department (or you could report the PO to WTS Legal). This "tactic" of the POs could get the WTS in alot of $$$$$ mess. Courts in California have already ruled that a religion can't lie to newbies about the identity of the religion. Case dealt with Moonies.

• parakeet
    parakeet
    Stay home and say five Hail Franzes

LOL at Minister Amos!

• Gordy
    Gordy

When I became a JW in the early 1970's we were told to introduce ourselves as "Christian ministers."

• dissed
    dissed

And when the Angel of Death comes kicking in my door at Armageddon, to bash open my head, will he identify himself then?

"Hi, I'm on an educational mission. Would you be so kind to bend over while I cut off your head"

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

My opening line at the door was Good Morning I'm a Jehovah's Witness To which they would usually respond " not interested" Unfortunately I would occasionally get a householder that was not put-off, so then I had to think of something to say...bummer

That's what I used to do, shit, pissed me off when I had to get into a conversion, but that was along time ago now phew 28 years in fact.

• undercover
    undercover

I remember back when I was active, we went from starting our presentation with, "Hello, my name is undercover and I'm one of Jehovah's Dumbasses Witnesses" to, "Hello, I'm a concerned neighbor that wanted to share hope for these troubled times from the Bible [by trying to sell you this magazine].

For an organization that wants to make God's [supposed] name known, it sure does seem counter-productive to hide your identity when knocking on doors. That's because it's not about making the Hebrew God's name known throughout the earth...it's about selling books and magazines. Since the product name over time has become ridiculed and snickered at, management changed the sales tactic from the direct approach to the bait and switch method.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

finallysomepride - Yep, that's what I'd do too, and a certain popular cartoon

http://www.stupidshiz.com/index.cfm?mode=media&media_id=06067593-1372-527D-08A67B600FC8BE1C

• blondie
    blondie

In these introductions from the Reasoning book, not once does it say to identify yourself as a jw:

rsp.10IntroductionsforUseintheFieldMinistry

Hello. I’m making just a brief call to share an important message with you

We’re talking to our neighbors about where to find practical help to cope with problems of life

‘I’m glad to find you at home. I’m sharing with my neighbors an encouraging thought from the Bible (or, the Holy Scriptures).

‘We’re encouraging folks to read their Bible.

We’re making just a brief visit on our neighbors today

‘Hello

‘My name is ——. I live in the neighborhood

‘Good evening. My name is ——. I’m a neighbor from (name street or area).

rsp.11IntroductionsforUseintheFieldMinistry

‘We’ve been talking with your neighbors about

‘We are sharing with our neighbors a thought about

‘We’re talking to folks who are interested in how we can better cope with the problems of family life

‘Good morning. How are you? . . . We’re endeavoring to share with our neighbors a positive view of the future

rsp.12IntroductionsforUseintheFieldMinistry

Hello. My name is ——. What’s yours?

‘I’m calling to offer you a free home Bible course

‘We are showing this Bible study aid to our neighbors

‘Have you ever wondered

‘In speaking with my neighbors

‘We are asking our neighbors a question

‘I’m discussing with my neighbors an issue that we all must face:

rsp.13IntroductionsforUseintheFieldMinistry

‘We’re visiting our neighbors to find people

‘Today we are asking our neighbors

‘We’re speaking with people who are truly concerned about the quality of life today

rsp.14IntroductionsforUseintheFieldMinistry

‘My name is ——. I’m one of your neighbors. I’m making just a brief visit to talk with my neighbors

rsp.14IntroductionsforUseintheFieldMinistry

Good morning. We are visiting all the families on your block (or, in this area

rsp.15IntroductionsforUseintheFieldMinistry

‘Hello. We’re visiting everyone in this neighborhood with an important message

rsp.15IntroductionsforUseintheFieldMinistry

Greetings. My name is ——

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In the Moonie case, the new recruit specifically asked several times if the group was the "Moonies"...to which they denied it.

I knew of someone who, on purpose, asked every householder, "What do you think of Jehovah's Witnesses." If they had a negative answer, he knew where they were coming from and really didn't bother wasting his time.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I remember being told not to say right off that I was a JW at the door. Did they make a new rule or something about service bags? I've only seen see-through plastic folders with literature in it and a Bible in the hand but no bookbag. What's going on with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit