Do You Miss The Witnesses Even A Little Bit?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

There were a couple of ok people there. But nothing else. There wasn't much to miss once I became persona non grata in their eyes.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Not one nano-bit. I never found JW's to be real friends. Never connected with anyone.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I still haven't taken the step of distancing myself from a lot of them. I work with 5 and still see 3 or 4 socially. In fact I spent the afternoon at Top Gear live with a friend from the conggregation. He spent the whole Journey up talking about how he would like to do more. I spent the Journey back discussing 1975 and the change in the Generation. I was amazed at his response, "I never think too much about things like that, When the tribulation hits we will know it so worry about the warning signs". With reasoning like that I expect he will never see the light.

• chickpea
    chickpea

miss the b0rg? hell to the NO

their adherents? pity, more than miss

• Opus92
    Opus92

Otherwise, I miss the JWs the same way fish miss bicycles.

Exactly. There's not a damned thing I miss about being a Witness.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I miss my mom, or at least who she was before becoming a jw...all the rest can kiss my ass, and on their way to hell, the governing body can do the same.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I am so over the top euphoric about my new life outside of the JW cult it is difficult to find the emotion "miss" in my brain. Although when I stop and force myself to think of the past, I have to admit that I have fond memories of many different individuals. I had some great times, some great laughs, some great discussions and experiences with a lot of different JWs.

However, I echo the sentiments of many posters here - I may miss some individuals but I absolutely do not miss anything about being in the JW cult. It is just so fantastic to be out, it is impossible to really "miss" anything.

Life is good.

The Oracle

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I do. Even after 15 years. I miss my family too.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

We are still pretty new to the fade, so yes, I do miss some of those who I once thought loved me.

I'm sure as time passes it will get easier.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

I miss my family. Other than that, absolutely not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit