Do You Do Crossword Puzzles?

by compound complex 34 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings:

I put up inter-connecting words and a Latin phrase a few days ago in a different thread. Do you know the missing letters?

amor omni_ vincit love conquers all

_n_ literary miscellany

s_ _ p be impatient

The words above were part of our local paper's Friday cwp.

Thanks.

CoCo

• compound complex
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Do You Do Crossword Puzzles?

According to Will Shortz, editor of the New York Times crossword puzzle, perhaps as many as 50 million people do crosswords just in America. Whether this is your first puzzle ever or your fourth today, if you get stuck, OneAcross can help.

E njoy and good luck!

www.oneacross.com/

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Didn't see this until now. Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it. I'm a big crossword puzzle geek. I figure people can laugh at me now, but when I'm old and my mind still works, then who will be having the last laugh?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Ilovebirthdays:

Thanks for responding! I was starting to get worried, especially since snowbird won't return till tomorrow. Not at all a geek thing.

BTW, welcome to the board, and please stay in touch!

Best regards,

CoCo

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Big lurker. Little poster. I can't remember exactly what but you did a thread about the beauty of the Pac. Northwest or Oregon, (can't remember which) that I loved, as I live in the Portland area. It is beautiful here now. For some reason the leaves are more brightly colored than usual, and I think we're rivaling the New England area this year for putting on a show of the changing of colors of the leaves. (Which I happened to see in person a few years ago as we were there for the display.)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Will locate and repost for you!

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sylvia?!?!?!?

Surely, you!

CoCo Confused [that only 2 of us do CWPs]

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Coco.

I used to do crosswords before my nerves were shattered 2005.

amor omnia vincit love conquers all

ana literary miscellany

snap ? be impatient

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Snowbird :

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I'll try to contain my enthusiasm. You're correct on all 3 counts! Snap was so simple yet, initially, so elusive.

Did I say thanks?

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit