Time of The END ????

by wobble 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

A number of religions ,not just the wacky Dubs, claim we are in the "Time of the End "

Now, leaving out silly numbers and 1914, which was blown away years ago, what do such apocalyptic doom-mongerers have from scripture to give this idea credence ?

The only thing I can think of , apart from the "Cry of peace and security " which is no proof at all, is Daniels dream image in Dan chap. 2

The feet of iron and clay.

To my mind they signify that no World power would hold sway over the known world after Rome. Rome finished in 475 AD ,and no real World Power has emerged since, the "Anglo-American " beloved of the WT never was a true "World" power, and never will be.

So the prophecy seems to me to be completely open-ended ,simply "In the times of those Kings...." which could be thousands of years from now.

Thoughts ?

Love

Wobble

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well since it seems they are talking about Obama bringing in PEACE( spoken of a scary time in scripture )

& since I believe Satan has rule over the earth( & seems to be doing a good job of blinding minds)

& the scriptures ( that I believe) is talking about the fact the world that

is devoid of love is NOW!!!I would never be surprised to see the Creator

putting his foot down & taking the control Back.....Yeah I know I am a heritic...

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

I guess the fact that all the details regarding the last days in the scriptures means nothing to you, that you believe there IS no such time?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

http://www.amazon.com/History-End-World-Controversial-Civilization/dp/0060816988

The History of the End of the World.
    The canonizing of Revelation (Apocalypse) has fueled the fires.

This is the real culprit.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I don't think Rome was anywhere near a world power, particularly given that much of the world was unknown to them and had civilisations of comparable size of its own. What about India and China which were contemporaneous and enormous. As for the times since then Britain had an empire on which the sun never set. Much larger than the Roman Empire. What is the point of a prophecy that doesn't come true for over two thousand years? It is pointless. Every generation since the year dot has believed it was the time of the end and you can bet they had good reasons (in their views for believing it). The texts are written in such a way that they can be used to sustain a belief in the End of the World if that is what the reader wants. Will the world end - of course it will one day. Does the Bible contain any information that can be used to determine when that will be? Of course it doesn't.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Maybe the Left Behind series is coming truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeee

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

OMG !!! TONIGHT REALLY IS THE END!

It's the end of Daylight Saving Time where observed in the USA. Please remember to set your clocks back an hour in order to enjoy an extra 60 minutes of Halloween!... which also ends tonight.

scot

Has anyone seen me bagpipes?

• watson
    watson

Too many lonely nights at Bethel, Billy?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Way too many, Watson.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohhh I love a man in a kilt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit