My JW Best Friend

by OnTheWayOut 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

OTWO, that might have been true if I was the type to recruit anyone at school. In fact, I had a reputation of not doing that. I was somewhat unusual in that my friends at school were all non-jws. I socialized with many non-jw family and friends of my non-jw father, so it wasn't just that I was socially inept. I was in a difficult situation at the hall, rejected by the jw kids because my father was not a jw and I was considered bad association, and now rejected by a non-jw friend because I was a jw. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I will say again that there are no real friends in the WTS system. They are all conditional. Even marriages take a turn when one spouse backs away from the WT teaching, which is sad. It just worked out that hubbie and I left around the same time with the same mind opening experience. Here's to your wife having her eyes opened and soon.

Love, Blondie

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Oh and by the way, OTWO, I too have tried to read the Kingdom of Cults and I agree with you. I kinda skipped parts of it though or skimmed parts that didn't really pretain to JWs. It wasn't really what I was looking for and I really had a hard time agreeing with the author. He was very wordy and also had alot of points he just reiterated in different ways. I am still looking forward to the book Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz that Flipper suggested for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit