what level of movies would you watch when a jw

by rockmehardplace 17 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i know some jw's who only watch movies with specific ratings. some will watch only PG and G. others will watch PG-13. some will watch R and even admit it but to only admit to certain ones. what movies would you watch when you were in and where any you had to sneak in?

i have always watched up to R rated movies. it never bothered me since i was an adult. i have jw friends who watch them as well. but i know which ones i can watch these with and which ones not to. sad that i have to hide movies in my home when visitors come calling.

• dinah
    dinah

I watched what I wanted to watch, but then I was never a very good Dub.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

When I lived at home it was up to PG-13 (except for a few times and was in the back room then). When I got engaged/married it was up to R but only in our home. Now i watch whatever the hell i wanna at home and at the theater!

I knew some that would only watch G. I thought....seriously!?!

• blondie
    blondie

I watched a movie based on its entertainment value and appeal to me. A few R-rated movies. Never discussed what movies I watched with anyone, not even now to some extent. Bad does not equal G and Good does not equal R.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I was never a very good Dub.

aawww...the going to the back room days! It was like a revolving door huh? lol

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I watched anything and everything. I eventually stopped going to movies with other JWs, except the one I was married to. (unfortunately she was mostly interested in cartoons. sorry, but lion king and shrek are not my idea of a good time.) There was always some idiot who decided to walk out of a movie and everyone else felt compelled to follow for the sake of appearances. What a waste of time and money.

W

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I watched up to PG13, never R. Did not watch movies that rumors had it that were bad for JWs, such as the Harry Potter series or DiVinci Code.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I watched up to PG13, never R. Did not watch movies that rumors had it that were bad for JWs, such as the Harry Potter series or DiVinci Code.

I knew they had a problem with Harry Potter, but I didn't know they had issues with the DiVinci Code. My ex hated anything to do with the Lord of the Rings. She insisted the demons came into her house as a kid because her brother was reading the books.

W

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was always quite naughty. I would never watch anything truly "demonic" like the Exorcist, but had no problem with violent films like Tarantino. I would never watch a Harry Potter film at the cinema but wouldn't have any worries about watching it at home when it was shown on TV- always thought that "ban" was BS, but wouldn't want to stumble anyone.

• asilentone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit