Did Anyone See the Nightline Special on Scientology?

by neverendingjourney 21 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The thing is, no celeb has gone very high in the JW heiarchy or is, that we know of, anoited.

If one was to be such and to leave and then, with his/her clout, expose the JW's, then it would be a different matter altogether.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I think someone else made the point about the wts being Xian while Scientology isn't. That alone makes it more "mainstream" in the American public's eye.

I think that may have been me.

This same thread has run multi-pages in P & R on my Ferrari site, and the site owner (who has actually been threatened by COS) said this:

I thought this was supposed to be just a self-help group, that they only claimed to be a religion for tax purposes.

I put up everything I could find, as I figured this was as good a time as any. Partly because I feel sorry for my ex-SCI friend Richard, partly out of disgust for all control cults.

Needless to say, there was real widespread horror. NOBODY came forward to defend any SCI thing. I, of course, took full advantage of the opportunity to speak out about mindwashing, money fraud, and control cults. The "disconnect" thing in particular (disfellowship in principle your relatives if the oppose Scientology) was horrific to them.

These guys just didn't know - and MANY of these people really are the upper class Hollywood admiration type of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit