Graph from Dec 15 09 Wt on How to Apportion Your Time to Remain Joyful. Crazy....

by Hopscotch 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I think the point of the chart is that it is supposed to be a tool for reflection. The peices are not representational.(Come on, they are going to tell you recreational activities should take as much time as personal study?) The Watchtower knows better than to explictlly tell people how much time to be doing what. You are supposed to look at your life and adjust the sizes accordingly. Then take a good look - which piece is the biggest, which one is the smallest? Does your chart look like what it is supposed to look like? Well, then, you know what to do....This is how the Watchtower works. They tell you what to do without telling you what to do so they can say "We never told you to do that."

Of course it is designed to make you feel bad. You only have 4 worthy options of how to spend your time. Which is completely unfair and unrealistic. And the majortiy of that time is for "kingdom related activitites". Excercising, shopping, emailing, gardening, watching TV, reading, chatting with friends, enjoying fresh air, visiting family - anything that you enjoy, that makes life worth living - all fall into the category of "recreation" which we all know should be the smallest slice of pie. So, each week you are allowed maybe 2 hours that you can fill with one of the options from the above mentioned list. But, hey, they never said that.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The message I think most will get from this article is the reason they are not feeling joy is because they spend too much time pursuing work, family, and entertainment.

To have joy, MORE TIME could be spent in the ministry, personal study, and meetings.

Same message over and over. DO MORE, DO MORE, DO MORE

LD

• JWoods
    JWoods

Part of your personal study time is to study such tripe charts as that, so this pretty much tells you how much joy you can expect from the program.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they expect people to preach during work too!

I had this customer once, I knew he was witness because he always had his book study book near his workstation. none of my customers know I'm a witless.

one day he gets fired, for being lazy and a primadonna (male). every body at his work was cussing his witless ass for weeks after. anyway he tried collecting unmeployment and working cash side jobs.... he was stupid enough to give his business card to the wrong guy. this guy told his former employer and called the unemployment agency on his ass!

wonderful spiritual men!

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I wonder if they purposely put the 3 spiritual pies at the front to show these take priority......if that's the case, it's nice to see where they place family care. IMO another attempt by the WTS to show people that taking care of family can hinder spiritual growth. Their hopes are that young ones will look at this and say "hey I know, if I don't have children or get married, I can dedicate more of the pie chart to theocratic activities. What a bunch of cold hearted SOB's.

• Caedes
    Caedes

This is our level of criticism of the WTBTS? If I were a witness coming here for the first time I would think that the WTBTS might have a point about apostates.

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's good to see you using the Watchtower pages to pee train your pets.

I noticed the yellow stains.

• designs
    designs

The Leadership never showed much trust or confidence in the Rank & File ie the constant lessons on the Israelites building golden calves or backsliding. The Reader or the Audience is routinely talked down to. I use to look around at the audience at Assemblies and think, these are nice people, nice families, they have been coming to these events for decades what's with the brow beating tone.

The only GB member who ever addressed the audience with love and respect that I heard was Max Larson who told an audience- 'If Jesus Christ were standing here he'd tell you how much he loves you and how proud he is of you'.

Could have gone home right then and there, that's all we needed.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What also bugs me about stuff like this is the conflicting messages. They'll nag nag nag about working less and going out in service more and then have Service Meeting part after Service Meeting part on contributing money to the worldwide work or the building fund.

If nobody is making any money, how are they supposed to contribute?

Is the psychology behind this to guilt those who DO have good jobs and won't quit them, to contribute more to assuage their conscience?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

ask my children and the first lessons I've taught them is: there's no such thing as a money tree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit