Graph from Dec 15 09 Wt on How to Apportion Your Time to Remain Joyful. Crazy....

by Hopscotch 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

yes, skeeter, but isn't that just human nature? To be judgemental? I find it difficult that JWs have a monopoly on being judgemental, though I know ALOT of them at the KH. :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's an unrealistic pie chart...totally stupid

This is more realistic:

• baltar447
    baltar447

Sadly, I know that if this was a study article, there would be at least a couple of people in my hall that would try to overanalize this chart just to try to make themselves look intellectual or spiritual, but I feel they would be missing the main point which would be one of striving for balance in one's life.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The Governing Body do not have a clue about taking care of "home and family care" as they have their home (Bethel) taken care of and don't have children. Their little pie chart is so unrealistic and imbalanced. No wonder most of the JW children suffer and most leave the organization as they come to realize their childhood was shorted.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

This was clearly not intented to show that equal parts of the day should be spent on this or that (since, for example, meetings are not held each day), but is an ILLUSTRATION showing what parts of one's day could/should be divided into. Me thinks we here have a clear example of "over-reading into an illustration" things that were not meant.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

the chart makes more sense if you also consider the vertical height of each wedge - this would put recreation and entertainment on a par with work, and just below family care and responsibilities . However spritiual activites (time devoted to the WBTS) has 3 wedges, and althought their vertical height is lower than the others, taken together they minimise the rest of one's life.

okay here is another way of looking at the chart

we know how much time meetings take up per week - 3 1/2 hours. So based on this the other 2 wedges in the spritiual group could be 2 hours per week for ministry and 2 hours for personal study. That gives us 7 1/2 hours total for the week. On a daily basis this would give us just over an hour for JW related spiritual activities

I'm assuing that work has to be allowed 8 hours per day

family care has to include sleep so at a squeeze I'd say 12 hours per 24 hour period

so far we have 21 hours leaving 3 hours per day for recreation and entertainment and travelling to and from work.

lol In conclusion 1 hour per day for the WBTS doesn't seem too bad. (it always amazes me how they seem to undermine themselves).

However even if taken like this, recreation and entertainment doesn't really figure and there is no time for the internet

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

This chart doesn't even take into account single parents, who in most cases have to work full time to keep a roof over their heads. Part time employment isn't even an option when you don't have a partner to help share the load. It is very unrealistic to say the least.

• nelly136
    nelly136

ignoring the individual segments, its half the week doing daily routine, the other half is jw routine.

• sir82
    sir82

See, that's what happens when articles are written by lifelong Bethelites. Their lives are so regimented and compartmentalized, that they assume that everyone else can and should live that way.

These guys are so out of touch with reality it's astonishing. And that's why the wave of folks laid off from Bethel are having such a hard time adjusting to life "on the outside".

I wrote this once before on this forum, but the special pioneers assigned to our congregation were surprised and disturbed when they figured out they had to clean their own toilets.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Is it me or do some of the people in the "meeting" portion of the chart look like they were taken right out of the show SouthPark.

I would swear I see Cartman sitting in the middle of the back row.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit