Graph from Dec 15 09 Wt on How to Apportion Your Time to Remain Joyful. Crazy....

by Hopscotch 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah....I'm not "joyful" because I don't know how to manage my time.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with mind-numbing meetings, pointless knocking on empty houses, Nazi-SS-guard-minded elders, lack of mental stimulation from reading 5th-grade level "literature", backstabbing congregational politics, unjust judicial cases, and endlessly repetitive "obey us or Jehovah will melt your eyeballs" messages.

• Dagney
    Dagney

OMG that is a hoot! I'm thinking somebody in the writing department figured out how to use the pie chart feature in his computer.

Yes, the first thing I noticed is (excluding the hours for sleep) that "theocratic" activities should encompass half of your life. Evidently, they have not noticed that scenario has not brought joy to the flock. Instead it is a burdensome suggestion.

Last week I was talking to my brother who is a COBE, and even though his comments are measured with me, he was not joyful as he itemized the theocratic demands placed on him. And he really loves that stuff. Nope. Half of his time spent in theocratic activites does not a joyful person make.

Cluless idiots at the wheel.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I got your jw pie chart right here:

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Sleep 8.00
    Work 8.00
    Commuting 1.00
    Preparing & Eating Meals 1.50
    Cleaning 0.50
    Gym 1.00
    Help kids with homework 0.50
    Play with kids 2.00
    Personal bathing time 0.50
    Care for kids & dogs 1.00
    Apostate activities 0.50

Guess I need to delete the apostate time?

Skeeter

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    As your loving forum girl, I've taken the liberty of printing out this lovely chart and posting it to our pretend kitchen wall so we can review our schedule accordingly!!!

Hi there GG! Baby, I have forgotten completely about you, just like a good JW man should....

I can just imagine the simultaneous release of smug self righteousness and guilt this will bring. Hell, they created a chart! What a cult!

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

HA! That's ok, you big strong Elder you...saves me from having to render you your due this month! (scampers off)

Actually, I know a couple members of my family who WILL probably cut this out and hang it on their refrigerators!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    HA! That's ok, you big strong Elder you...saves me from having to render you your due this month! (scampers off)

See, thats exactly what a future JW ex wife sounds like. Didn't you read Rebel8's thread on fridgidity?

...and it also goes to the "chicken or the egg, which came first" discussion, but I digress.

Thanks for the laugh.... Work sucked this week....

Back to the topic, yes, its colorful, its suggestive, its only problem is there is no math attached... On purpose mind you, as others have pointed out, half that chart is dedicated to spiritual cult activities.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

After careful and prayerful review, we have revised the Pie Chart in order to provide more spiritual balance - as well as giving you an opportunity to tell us where to stick it!

Love,

THE GB

• dissed
    dissed

This article is infantile. The structure and wording are poorly written. Is this the new quality of the mags since I left 13 years ago?

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Sorry, ignore my Free Mp3 plug above - I clicked on the wrong thing - #$#@! Firewall at work!!

Here is the pie chart I meant to add:

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

After careful and prayerful review, we have revised the Pie Chart in order to provide more spiritual balance - as well as giving you an opportunity to tell us where to stick it!

Love,

THE GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit