CO visit...Expect big increase!

by target 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• target
    target

A friend from back home wrote me a letter. They just had the CO visit. She asked him about the UN thing. He knew nothing about it so it couldn't possibly be true. The WTS would keep him informed he was sure, of any such goings on.
    He told the congregation that they are to be prepared for a big increase. He said the reason for the discontinuation of the subscriptions is so they have a reason to visit these people to bring them their mags and then they will be starting studies with all of them. The JWs sit there and suck up all this BS, even though the meeting attendance is half what it once was. Was I ever really that gullible? Does the CO really believe what he is saying?

Target

• hippikon
    hippikon

Ha ha ha ha ha "Big Increase" Ha ha ha "Society would keep him informed" Ha ha ha ha "End subscriptions so they can visit" Ha ha ha

And Get this "Pigs can Fly".

• anewperson
    anewperson

He probably doesn't believe it either and what's he's really doing is speaking upbeat to please the WTS while at the same time knowing that since this will not happen it will make those who heard what he said believe him and the WTS even less and some even quit. So he just may be on our side.

It will "look like" the U.S. membership has risen at the end of 2002 a lot because they only give the PEAK month and after Sept 11 some inactives likely did run back and go door-to-door that month, say 1-2% more. But when 2003 hits the decline will be all the more evident.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I also believe there is a decline in meeting attendance. I know in my area they have just redistributed the publishers in the circuit but the meetings I have attended they are only getting about 70 to 80 people at the Sunday meetings. The days of 120+ attendance are a thing of the past.

Also I have spoken to a number of JW's and most of them are jumping on the Sept 11 bandwagon. In a few months when things settle down I am sure these "fair weathered" Christians to doing nothing until the next big scare. What a bunch of weak minded, dysfunctional individuals and to think that I bought into all this BS at one time.

Will

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Target, check your email.

• hungerartist
    hungerartist

Call in the CO for damage control... he he he

He should try some reverse psychology instead... make people feel guilty.

'We are expecting a MASSIVE decrease. Those left will have to shoulder a heavier responsibility.'

Then we'll see who stays at home twiddling their thumbs.

I hunger for justice

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves only the slime of a new bureaucracy" ~ Franz Kafka

• avengers
    avengers

Don't underestimate the WT. These sleezeballs will go to any extent to prey on the gullible. Their indoctrination-machine is running full-strenghth. The brothers and sisters eat up everything the GB gives them. It's hard to pry in there and get a "foot in the door"
    I still have family in the "truth" and I'm experiencing first hand how strong their reign still is.
    But we shall continue relentlessly. And WE WILL WIN

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You know how parents say to their kids "You'll do it 'cos I say so" "It's right because I say so". Things like that.

Does it remind you of the Borg and its agents?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Just a note on the "subscriptions thing": This arrangement has been going on in the rest of the world for a decade or so, so this is no turning point in any direction at all, it is just the US following the rest of us Earth-dwellers.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

the subscriptions were ended e.g. in Luxemburg and Germany a longer couple of years already. nothing changed, no more studies.
    But the costs of distribution now are on the shoulders of the publishers. and they dont ask for costs. they do it like CYBORGs.
    it is hard to see that un-motivated publishers at times nobody has time bring mags nobody is interested in to people who are over-informed by an increasing communication society. So they handle mags for nothing which are nod read and dont lead to a study.
    wasted time in a wasted system by wasted ideas of the borgs.
    I would like to know how many mags are deliverd to Luxemburg and how many are reported. The difference is the gap of tolerance between logic and madness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit