JWs On FaceBook...

by cognac 43 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I find them to be annoying. I have worldly friends, JWs, and 2 unknown apostate friends. The comments from JWs are a lot like this:

I wish 90% of dresses were 2 - 3 inches longer

Going to the meeting, then my bible study, yay!

Going out in service, then studying, yay!

Then, the icing on the cake was when one JW had this huge party that I wasn't invited to but evidently everybody else including all of my siblings who live really close were invited to. I wouldn't have gone anyways, but it was very annoying that every post was about it.

I just hid there posts from my wall so they wouldn't annoy me.

Ok, rant over...

• IronHill
    IronHill

i know what you mean...

You constantly see:

"Just got back from a great day in service!!!"

"Tonight is family worship!"

and my favorites:

"Jah is so blessing!"

"Be fishers of men. You catch Them - He'll clean them"

• cognac
    cognac

Ahhhhhh,I know IH, it just makes me want to pull all my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

They don't really mean it. It's for public consumption---all talk, no walk.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

They are trying to convince themselves that they really like service, meetings, or conventions.

I have a few JW family members on my Facebook but they are of the "weaker" variety and usually only post drunk pics of themselves. They never seem to talk about religious stuff, thankfully.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

JW or not, people that post overly religious stuff either get hidden or deleted (usually deleted)

• cognac
    cognac

lol drw...

bw - Can they tell if you have hidden them or deleted them?

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Deleting, yes because they can't access my page (locked down tight). Hiding you can't because you're only hiding their updates from your newsfeed which only you see ;)

• cognac
    cognac

oh, good! Thnks BW!

• minimus
    minimus

If the Society deems social networking to be "worldly", that will stifle those types of "YAYS".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit