Hello

by LoriJis 45 Replies latest jw friends

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome to the forum Lori

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hope your husband can finesse the situation a little to keep the fade smooth. How far did you move? Could you get drop ins? or is it far enough to get notice of visits? Someone is bound to ask about your new congregation, etc. Are you going to fabricate a story? Whatever, hope all goes well.

PS. Nice time to review your perspective on organized superstition in general.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

You may be missing out by not getting closer to workmates . My best friend was someone I worked with and that supported my decision to change my religious beliefs . It is easier to build a social life by doing things with people you already know a little about .

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Welcome!

Coffee

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My co-workers know that I am a witness so I can't socialize and be "myself" at work. No i am not involved in anything else but I will start looking. Thanks for the suggestion.

My co-workers knew, so I came out as a fader. Now they know that. Most people understand.

But you don't have to discuss religion with co-workers. You can make friends elsewhere, too.

Strength to you in your fade and welcome aboard the forum.

• flipper
    flipper

LORI- Welcome to the board ! Glad to have you ! You'll find lots of nice , authentic ( non-fake ) people here who have been down similar roads of craziness from the JW organization. Look forward to hearing more from you . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Newborn
    Newborn

So happy for you! Welcome!

Love Newborn

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi LoriJis. Welcome to you and your hubby.

Chris

• LoriJis
    LoriJis

Gregor,

I am still close enough for drop ins and visits. Funny i was just asked recently by my father how the new cong was. Other family members and friends have asked how the new hall is and yes a fabricate a story..for now at least. But it's still that awkward silence after they ask - you know?

• Priest73
    Priest73

You should reach out to IronHill. He's in a similar situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit