A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. From the Nov 1 WT

by life is to short 44 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

The November 1st public WT has an article on "Do you need to learn Hebrew and Greek?" Funny is it not that they feel we do not need too. I wonder why? Anywho on page 21 of said WT

"A third factor is that learning a new language can be a very difficult task. Although it may at first be relatively easy to learn a few phrases in another language, it may take years of constant effort before you will be able to understand the subtle nuances of that language. In the meantime, the old adage may prove true, A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. How so?"

It then went on to say that a word may have several meanings and it could be hard to determine which meaning of the word may apply. It then used the English word "inon" saying this word could have different meanings in different contexts. Bla, bla, bal.

It then said how we could not even totally be able to use a dictionary because many dictionary's provide all the possible meanings of a word and how could we know for sure which the word is used that will help us to determine the specific meaning.

Sorry for the long post do not have a scanner. But it then says "Suppose you had a little medical knowledge and wanted to find the cause of certain symptoms you were experiencing. You could consult a medical dictionary. It might tell you that in 90 percent of the cases, your symptoms mean one thing, but in 10 percent of cases, they indicate something completely different. You would need so much more knowledge before you could arrive at the correct diagnosis. Similarly, the fact that a word has a certain meaning in 90 percent of cases does not help you if you are reading an important text where a secondary meaning of the word is used. You need to know more about the context before you can understand the word."

I found this article to be upsetting on so many levels. My die hard JW just made ex elder because of pedophiles running in the hall another long story at least my husband stood up of me on this but he felt the article was great and was upset with me for being upset with it.

One huge thing why can we not know Greek of Hebrew? Are they afraid of the rank and file learning that they are misrepresenting the truth. And what about all the WT and Awakes on leaning a new language to help the foreign fields.

I was so mad at my husband over this. Help to see if he is right or am I not as stupid as I think.

Maybe someone with a scanner could even scan this.

Thanks for reading this Life is to short for this religion.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The bOrg wants to keep the rank and file stupid, they're more controllable that way...sad thing is most of the rank and file are too blind to realize it...like my parents

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Former WT-president F.W.Franz had a little knowledge in those languages, hadn't he?

• highdose
    highdose

i'm studying greek and i have to tell you that agape does not exsist!

• carla
    carla

If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?- Thomas H Huxley

• life is to short
    life is to short

German XJW That is what I thought too. And the madding thing is my husbands loves to use the Greek word for this or that but it is always what the WT says the Greek word means. I just want to scream use your own mind PLEASE!

Carla Thanks for letting us know the rest of the line and for who wrote it.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I know you're out there. I know you read what is posted here on this site. So, I know you're listening now. Here is the response I have received for YOU... from my Lord, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is the Holy Spirit:

"A third factor is that learning a new language can be a very difficult task.

Although it may at first be relatively easy to learn a few phrases in another language,

it may take years of constant effort before you will be able to understand the subtle nuances of that language.

Unless, of course, you are an excellent student... and have a GREAT Teacher... not only one who knows the language thoroughly, but One who actually had a hand in CREATING language... in addition to PERSONALLY KNOWING the original Author of the phrase(s) in question. In THAT case, you will not only get to know the subtle nuances" of [a] language... but what the person HIMSELF meant when he said it (or perhaps that he didn't actually say it) and/or told others to write it (or didn't tell others to do so).

THAT... is what it is like when you learn... from the Holy Spirit himself, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Holy One of Israel and Son and Christ of the MOST High God, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. When you learn from HIM... you learn the TRUTH... about everything. For he IS the Truth... and the ONLY One who can lead you into all truth.

In the meantime, the old adage may prove true, A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Hypocrites! If anyone should know this to be true... it should be you. Your "little knowledge" will ultimately be responsible for many millions LOSING ENTRY INTO THE KINGDOM. YOU are not going in... and due to your false prophesying, misleading rhetoric, and lying propoganda... you are not allowing THOSE to go in, either. And you have been WARNED of this... but you fail to turn back from you wicked works... your ARROGRANT theft of the glory that belongs to the Holy One of Israel, the Son of God and HIS Faithful and Discreet Slave, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the One whom He, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, has appointed over ALL of HIS belongings! You can use the excuse all day long that you THOUGHT you were "serving 'Jehovah'" but the very words that you use with regard to others, "Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, etc." will come back upon you when my Lord says to YOU: "Get AWAY from, you workers of lawlessness... I NEVER KNEW YOU." That is because you... and your Pharisaical "leaders" with you... in your ARROGANT "seating" of yourselves in a position given ONLY to him... have literally rejected the VERY "stone" on which you were to build!

"Suppose you had a little medical knowledge and wanted to find the cause of certain symptoms you were experiencing.

Okay, let us go with that: suppose YOU had a little "Bible" knowledge... and wanted to find out reason for the symptoms YOU were experiencing (i.e., being alienated from God, and thus subject to sin and death)?

You could consult a medical dictionary.

YOU could consult the Bible... which you apparently do.

It might tell you that in 90 percent of the cases, your symptoms mean one thing, but in 10 percent of cases, they indicate something

completely different.

And the Bible might tell YOU that in 10 percent of the cases your sin and death is the result of one thing (being born of Adam), but in 90 percent of case they are resulting from something complete different (your lack of FAITH, your lack of LOVE, your HYPOCRISY... and mostly importantly, your utter failure to KISS the SON!)

You would need so much more knowledge before you could arrive at the correct diagnosis.

While that is not absolutely true... the truth that it DOES have alludes to the possibility that you might... NEED A PHYSICIAN. Whic is the case.. in YOUR case.

Similarly, the fact that a word has a certain meaning in 90 percent of cases does not help you if you are reading an important text

where a secondary meaning of the word is used.

It does... IF YOU ARE A PHYSICIAN... and more particularly, if you are the doctor who UNCOVERED THE CONDITION. If then, you are a STUDENT of that very PHYSICIAN... would you not in that case know which meaning truly applies? You would!

You need to know more about the context before you can understand the word."

And from whom would you get the CONTEXT? Hypocrites! You arrogantly point the finger saying, "You do not know..." but it is YOU who do NOT know! YOU are the ones riddled with the debilitating DISEASE of sin and death... who try to SELF-DIAGNOSE based on what you read in a BOOK... rather than PERSONALLY SEEING A PHYSICIAN... indeed the very one who uncovered YOUR illness! You search that book and search that book... all the while ignoring his plea to come to HIM to be healed. And because of this your disease has advanced SO far that treatment may be beyond reach.

But you didn't /don't stop there; no, you lead... and have lead... myriads of others with the same terminal condition... right down the path to their own demise. And did/do you feel SORRY for this? No. Not one iota. No, you would rather point the finger and come up with some pitiable analogy that applies more to YOU... than to any others who've ever existed on the surface of the earth! HYPOCRITES! You travese sea and dry land to make ONE convert... and when you DO... you make HIM a candidate for Gehenna even more than yourselves!

Hypocrites, you and your works are NOT hidden from the Holy One of Israel. How then will YOU escape the judgment of Gehenna?! Prophets, wise men, and learned persons have been sent to YOU. Some of them YOU have scourged in YOUR "synagogues" and persecuted in your "cities"... and some you have even killed. But their blood WILL come upon you. It WILL come upon THIS generation... you who have sullied the utensils of the MOST Holy of Israel, who have abandoned, snatched, and scattered HIS sheep... and who have removed the CLEAN thing... the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the One who was sent to cleanse even YOU... and replaced him with a "golden calf," a thing of the EARTH... your "visible representation of the [Lord] on earth... because your minds and hearts... are UPON the "things on the earth."

May the MOST Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose name IS... JAH... of Armies... rebuke YOU... and may He have mercy on your souls... and your spirits. For truly, although you claim you DO... you do NOT know what you are doing!

I, Shelby Anguiano, who is NOT afraid of you... have spoken these things to you... just as I heard and received them from Holy One of Israel, my Lord and master, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, the MOST High God... JAH of Armies.

Shelby Anguiano, a servant to the Household of God, Israel, and to the Holy One of Israel, my Lord and master, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, the MOST High God... JAH of Armies, to time indefinite... and a TRUE slave of Christ, by means of a calling and choosing by HOLY SPIRIT, which spirit I received from THE Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, the MOST High God... JAH of Armies... and which choosing I CAN AND DO TESTIFY TO... so that it is NOT some vague, obscure and unobtainably mystery that can't be explained

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?- Thomas H Huxley

#1 lesson from JW's: If someone implies you are better off knowing less, and that learning more will harm you, move on. They have a lot to hide.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'we could not even totally be able to use a dictionary because many dictionary's provide all the possible meanings of a word and how could we know for sure which the word is used that will help us to determine the specific meaning.'

Not even a dictionary. Back to dick and jane books for jws. Stop their schooling at 6th grade. Leave dictionaries for worldlings, who gots more brains.

S

• Narkissos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit